1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst movie ever

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by roeod4, May 13, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Robin williams wasn't in A.I (artificial intelligence).

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

One hour photo wasn`t that bad. That was Robin at one of his creapest moments. If you ever worked in a Walmart or K-mart, you would have added appreciation for that film.

But much agreeed with AI. You clearly see the difference between Kubrick good and Stevenberg crap. That one really sucked.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'd like to include any movie with Van Damme or Dolph Lundgren.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Ditto on Van Damn it, and Dope Lumpkin.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: May 21, 2004
  5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

we should start a thread on movies that aren't worth buying or backing-up. This could be as meaningful and important as preventing the Greenhouse effect. After all this crap is definately pollution.

6. brian100

brian100 Guest

Another one for you chaps :-

"The Life Of David Gale", perhaps one of the most dissapointing movies ive seen in recent years. Kevin Spacy laid a massive egg starring in that pathetic effort.

7. otester

otester Guest

Dougs first movie was complety boring my mum (and her friend) said it was brilliant so my mum dragged me over to the cinema with ma little sis to see it. Has anyone else seen this crap movie?

8. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I'd add Bad Boys 2 to the list. I was at a friend's house when he decided to rent it. Fortunately, it compensated for the horrible script with even worse over-acting. ;)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
    Backup A DVD With DVD Rebuilder & CCE Basic: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm[/small]

Last edited: May 22, 2004
  9. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

Windtalkers was absolutely horrible. Any movie where a character says :"No. No! Nooooooooooo!" should not make it past direct to video.The directing was just atrocious, I realized during this movie that John Woo is not talented in any way.

10. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

The latest bond film was just unspeakable bad. There was too many things wrong with it. The produces decided to change the bond formula, and tried to rip of XXX, which was another bad film. Come to think of it, any film with Vin Diesel is just crap; he has got to be one of the poorest actors ever. Even Jackie Chan can show more character and emotions than Vin Diesel.

There were two Van Damme films I like, one was Universal Soldier, the other was The Quest (think that’s what it was called)

As for Dolph, I can’t stands him, except in Rocky 4, where he got the shit kicked out of him. :p

11. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Let me go ahead and put one of the worst movies I have ever seen "FARGO" OHH.. MY.. GODDD.. This movie was so bad that I walked out of the theater in like 30 minutes into the movie, and so did like 10 other people.

12. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

What are you talking about!! Fargo was a great film. Nothing beats the chiper shreader image from that film. Are you being serious, or just tring to get debate.
    Fargo was far from terrible. Species 2 now thats terrible, I know what you did last summer, thats terrible. But Fargo was great.

13. Nephilim

Most of the films by the Coen brothers seem to be very polarizing - some people just don't like the style and think they are really stupid but others, like me, love them to pieces. Raising Arizona and Big Lebowski are two of my favorite films ever!

14. Nephilim

* off topic but worthy*

At my old apt complex some guy committed suicide by jumping head first into a landscape crew's wood chipper while they were working not 50 yards from my apt. By the time the crew shut it off only his calves and feet were sticking out. I drove right by it when I came home from work, they already had his legs out and were hosing the chipper off. Messy!

15. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

that is crazy, I don`t know what my response to seeing that in person would be.
    But come to think about it, most do have mixed feelings. Depends on your sense of humour I guess.

16. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Fargo was a terrible movie (from the first 30 ta 40 minutes I saw of this flick) it's like t.v. show's, if it doesn't interest me in 3 minutes I change the channel, but in this case the only reason I stayed so long cause I payed to see it, not to sleep.

17. brian100

brian100 Guest

Well i thought fargo was an ace movie, full of sharp dark humour and great acting. It's a shame there arent more like it. All we get are these days are those pathetic Hollywood blockbusters that cater for the "brainless" amongst the general population. They are mindnumbing!!

Nephilim, good point about the woodchipper, everytime i see that part in Fargo I crease up

18. siber

siber Regular member

geestar: I don't want to be disrespectful, really. But if you lose interest after 3 minutes, there really aren't going to be too many movies to your liking. I think you are missing out on a lot of pretty good stuff. Have you thought of getting checked for Attention Span Deficit? Maybe Ritalin would help...Don't get mad, I'm just trying to help.

19. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

OK, Neph you had to open the door to gore. It won't be long before we begin to receive comparative woodchipper stories from around the globe. We will be forced to recommend movies such as the Evil Dead to apease them, but that won't be enough as the demand for ever increasing gore grows. The truth is some movies are so bad that they're entertaining and even woodchipper gore can become a prop for an unintended warped comedy. Who ever thought that Ed Wood movies would be come cult classics.

20. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

Fargo was great! I loved Steve Buscemi's (one sided) argument with Peter Stormare in the car.

That was priceless!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Toshiba Satellite
    P4 HT 2.6 Ghz
    1 Gb PC2700 DDR SDRAM
    NEC Nd-1300a External
    0 to Burn in 22 Minutes
    One by one the penguins are stealing my sanity! <(C:}[/small]

Last edited: May 26, 2004