1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst movie ever

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by roeod4, May 13, 2004.

1. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

Is Siber female or have I got the wrong end of the plot/stick?

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Go back a few posts on this thread and you will find him critizing me for making remarks about subtitled movies.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

My post:
    My wife thinks that everything that comes in a foreign language with subtitles is artistic. I think it's mostly all mundane boring crap. Just my opinion of course.

Siber's response:

Sophocles: with a name like 'Sophocles', I wasn't expecting that kind of comment. And then: 'Once you eliminate the impossible etc..' Very thoughtful...but calling all foreign movies 'mundane boring crap' comes a bit as a surprise from 'Sophocles', what can I say. As I said before, its nice to be able to blurt out all sort of outrageous stuff in this forum. As a matter of fact, while I'm thinking about it, liking any movie with Keanu Reeves or Brad Pitt is a sign of ambiguous sexuality and should be punished by having you spend a week in the woods with Jerry Falwell and Al Sharpton.

4. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

Obviously a woman then ;)

Na seriously a bad film to someone is a cracker to another - its all opinianated obviously.

Personally, anything without a plot, which involves blowing up a bridge/stopping aliens from attacking the president/firing off as many dummy rounds as possible makes a good film for me.

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Exactly, I watch films to have fun, its like a really good roller coaster ride. Siber, if you're a woman I apologize for being insensitive.

6. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

Dont apologise - a woman will never back down anyway. She is probably 'on'.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

It was a fickle apology at best, you know men never truly express their feeings to women. OK! People it's time that someone matched Nephilium's woodchipper experience or we may get trapped in a subtitle paradox. LOL

8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Terrible films:

Sweet November, Cruel intentions, Bring it on, Save the last dance, The cube 2, Volcano.

9. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

NO SHIT!!! "Bring it on" was very terrible!!

10. siber

siber Regular member

Sophocles & Welshboa: You guys... I'm the father of two kids, age 21 and 24. I live in the States but immigrated there from Europe about 20 years ago. I watch a lot of French, British, Scandinavian flicks. I actually don't mind subtitles. I enjoy US action movies, French philosophical treatrises, all sorts of weird stuff but I lose interest with bad dialogue, bad acting...All matters of opinion, of course. I really don't care about apologies. I cannot help thinking your comments were a bit cheap but that just may be because you couldn't come up with a whole lot better. Hey, this here thread is about bad movies...

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Okay. I've a far removed relative on my mother's side who was very mentally disturbed and killed herself by chainsawing her own throat. No lie. Husband found her and wasn't quite the same since.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    JMLS-166S/Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium[/small]

Last edited: May 28, 2004
  12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Siber, you began by taking a simple jest I made about subtilted movies my wife watched to me posting "outrageous stuff in this forum," which led you to feel that you had the right to compare me to Jerry Falwell and Al Sharpeton. If you're looking for rude behavior then go back over all our posts and then view yours and mine with objectivity and then decide who started casting stinkers. My choosing the name Sophocles was not intended to be a literal interpretation but rather a metaphor.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

We now enter into the Nephilium woodchipper theater hour:

My southern roots have left me with many tales that were told to me by my father. Tales that I would rather forget. I was born in Missouri, in a small mississippi river town. The only natural resources besides the river were the abundant and beautiful pecan trees that adorned its banks. My father like many, owed his living to the lumber industry that harvested these once abundant pecan trees. They were sawed into board at the small towns lumber mill, and then sent down the river to New Orleans. [bold]To Be Continued[/bold]
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

14. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

what a jipp, I wanna hear more!

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

There were many drifters who in their wandering, meandered along the ancient river’s shore only to find their way into the small Mississippi river town, The Port of New Madrid. While searching for a bed and breakfast, drifters soon realized that the only jobs available were those at the Pecan Lumber Mill, owned by the notorious Beau-tie family. Dickey Beau-tie, a 4th generation son of the Beau-tie family was a squat and burly man. His rather large physical size prevented him from being seated in the local movie palace. He was simply too large a man for the narrow fitted movie row seats. Sorry Neph. [bold]to be continued[/bold]
    _
    _

Last edited: May 29, 2004
  16. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Where's the "To Be Continued"? Did I miss something!?! What does Dickey lose to the sawmill?? What does Dickey do with the poor travellers?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    JMLS-166S/Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium[/small]

Last edited: May 29, 2004
  17. siber

siber Regular member

Sophocles: let's close this argument which isn't REALLY an argument anyway. Where did you read that I compared you to Falwell and Sharpton? I was simply making a flippy remark about movies with Brad Pitt and Keanu Reeves as an exemple of outrageous stuff we could say in this type of forum. It doesn't seem directed at you, even on rechecking it now. Unless you are - by coincidence - chairman of the Brad Pitt fanclub, which I wouldn't have known..., I did not expect that you would feel targeted by that remark. Sophocles, I made one single comment directed at you and all I was commenting on was the use of the term 'mundane boring crap'. Sophocles, I promise I will thread carefully from now on...

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I am more than willing to drop the subject. Read your own post and you will see that you clearly implied a connection between my views and Falwell and Sharpton. Perhaps you've forgotten that you also initiated this debate over light hearted totally harmless statements made by me.

Your response:

Sophocles: [bold]with a name like 'Sophocles', I wasn't expecting that kind of comment.[/bold] And then: 'Once you eliminate the impossible etc..' Very thoughtful...but calling all foreign movies 'mundane boring crap' comes a bit as a surprise from 'Sophocles', what can I say. As I said before, its nice to be able to blurt out all sort of outrageous stuff in this forum. As a matter of fact, while I'm thinking about it, liking any movie with Keanu Reeves or Brad Pitt is a sign of ambiguous sexuality and should be punished by having you spend a week in the woods with Jerry Falwell and Al Sharpton.

Then you decided it was OK to be condescending.

Sophocles & Welshboa: You guys... I'm the father of two kids, age 21 and 24. I live in the States but immigrated there from Europe about 20 years ago. I watch a lot of French, British, Scandinavian flicks. I actually don't mind subtitles. I enjoy US action movies, French philosophical treatrises, all sorts of weird stuff but I lose interest with bad dialogue, bad acting...All matters of opinion, of course. I really don't care about apologies. [bold]I cannot help thinking your comments were a bit cheap but that just may be because you couldn't come up with a whole lot better.[/bold] Hey, this here thread is about bad movies.
    Duh! Now you remember that. BTW I never called all movies with subtitles "mundane and boring," only those that my wife views.

19. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Siber I won't pursue this debate any longer because I agree that this has gone far enough.

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Although Dickey’s father still ran the mill, it wasn’t unusual to see him barking orders to the workmen, who guided the logs now stripped of their bark, along the rollers that lead to the massive saw blades that sliced the logs into lumber. No one liked the bad mannered immense and bulbous Dickey because of his innate cruel nature. Dickey often came to the Sawmill to order around and humiliate the workers who reluctantly complied to his unusual requests. He would demand that the workmen guide the logs so close to the saw blades that they could feel the air that was forced from them on their hands and arms. Rumors have that a man who recently lost a limb was following his orders. It was easy to understand why Dickey wasn’t liked. When Dickey turned his back one could just hear the veiled whispers of disgust that echoed through the lines of the workmen. On one wet and rainy afternoon while Dickey was giving his usual pointless directions to the workmen there came a rattling and grinding of metal which ended with the giant saw blades coming to a halt.

[bold]To be coninued[/bold]