1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth Upgrading to a Lite?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by dazila, Jul 29, 2008.

1. dazila

dazila Regular member

Is it worth upgrading to a DS lite Crimson from the original DS?, original is still fine and im not really rich :D by that i mean im only 16 work after school casual so money isnt easy to get, so overall is an upgrade worth it or not?

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Slimmer, brighter screen, larger stylus...definitely. Only downside is that the speakers are not as good as the Phat's.

3. NAPALMA

NAPALMA Member

Yes. The screen in much brighter. It makes the games much more playable and the colors pop out much more. I have both so I know what Im talking about. The only thing that I did not like about the lite is that it is not as loud as the original DS. Battery life seems the same to me. Its also much smaller so you can easily put it in your pocket and walk around comfortably.

DS Vs. DS Lite brightness pic

DS Lite Colors

DS Colors

Well there are a few pics i took showing the brightness, and how is shows the colors. The camera makes the brightness look bad but it does not look like that in person. Its much better, no glare. You can trade it in at gamestop or something and get a new ds lite for 90 bucks or something. Hope this helps.

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

Well im thinking but main difficulty is im strapped for money ATM because of grrrr driving school but i might get something,my main choices are a DS Crimson,Wii Fit, Warioware smooth moves, Metal Gear Solid 4 or simply a DS game like New mario bros or mario party ds.

5. dazila

dazila Regular member

anyone else got an opinion?

6. MaryD7

MaryD7 Regular member

if money is abit tight, then its not worth it.

7. NAPALMA

NAPALMA Member

Given your choices I would go

1. MGS4
    2. A new DS game
    3. A new DS
    4. Warioware
    5. Wii Fit

Thats just my opinion though. The DS game is around 35 bucks, the Wii game is around 54 bucks, and the PS3 Game is around 64 bucks. The DS Lite with your old one traded in is around 95 bucks and Wii fit is going to cost you around 108 dollars, assuming you can find it retail. If not expect to be gouged. So if cash is your concern go with the DS game. MGS4 will probably give you more bang for your buck.