1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worthy buy/Upgradeable

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by daj005, Sep 30, 2010.

1. daj005

daj005 Member

Hey I'm working with one of my friends on buying him a new desktop computer. He doesn't have much money (about $800) and we are in our final semester of college so we are seriously strapped for time so I dont really have the time to build an entirely new computer.

However if some of you guys could check out this PC and tell me if its worth the $$$,if its easily upgradeable/what ya'll would recommend upgradeing or hell if ya'll know of something better in the price range (fully built, built but needs a few upgrades) etc. I would really appreciate it.

Not much experience rebuilding entire computers just replacing or adding parts so don't make it to complicated. I've seen some of the work you guys can do as I'm on here all the time for your guides/read forums and downloads.

So... Yea just tell me as much as you can before I tell him to shell out the money.

Link -->
    http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6269812&CatId=4925

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

No prebuilt PC is easily upgradeable,at all.
    If you aren't happy with the specs a prebuilt comes with, don't buy it.
    I'll also say that for $800, it's cheaper to build a PC than buy one prebuilt.

3. daj005

daj005 Member

I know its alot cheaper to build one, thats what i did for my computer but it takes a lot more time than he has to spend on this endevor. I think the spec's are decent, hes only a mild gamer (starcraft II, Diablo III when it comes out etc.) I just wanted to see what everyone on here thinks about it as a prebuilt computer and what you all believe is upgradeable on it, basicly i dont want to stick more memory or a better graphics card in it than it can handle.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

If he's your friend, build it for him. If he's not much of a friend, charge him for it :p
    Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 may not be Crysis, but they need some form of decent graphics card. The HD5570 is not an example of that. It will play those games, but on low settings on a relatively small monitor. You're paying $750 for a $500 PC.