1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would be easy to...?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by ematrix, Dec 8, 2005.

1. ematrix

ematrix Member

I have been reading a lot of the topics in the forum, and noticed that there's a lot regarding problems with the same titles... how to backup X title, how to backup Y title, how to backup Z title, etc... it's kind of messy and caotic to get a deffinitive solution or answer to your problem.

Is a fact that everybody has a different opinion and method as to backup some titles, but in conclusion there's no mention as to which is the best and easiest way to do the job. Also a fact that everybody has been using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter, some (but not all) use alternative programs such as CloneDVD, DVDFabDecrypter, etc. and everybody is aware of the problems with recent Sony ArCooS and Rip Guard protections.

Would be easy to create a topic, with the best and easiest one-click method to backup them up with full content (is logical that if you can do this, you can also reauthor for main movie only) probally using the most popular programs, like DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter?

2. 9mmruger1

9mmruger1 Regular member

The term "One Click" is kind of deceptive as it still takes more than one click to accomplish the task.

In my opinion the secret is determining the best process for the individual, keeping in mind that everybody is different, has different perspectives, and attitudes. Some don't mind being methodical, others want to just do it.

I personally am methodical. Anal in the approach that I take, and in no hurry. It works for me and I have been able to backup even the most difficult titles on the first try...so far. (knock on wood)

3. ematrix

ematrix Member

I understand what you mean, but what i'm refering to... is the fact that has been several opinions and methods regarding specific titles (ergo several topics regarding the same subject) therefore it gets confusing as to choose the best option or solution to your problem.

I'm agree that being methodic is a good quality, as to take your tiem to do things right, but the easiest method is always the better... but how about complicated methods involving several programs? just like the one presented here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/255980

Would anybody dare to try a method that involves using 4 or 5 programs with more of a dosen of detailed steps? i'm not... life is too short to waste my time like such complicated solution; the bottom line is that the easiest method, the better for all, regardless of the time... i preffer to take up to 2 hours, to get the job done with a few steps involved, that to waste more than that in checking every dot and following every indication.

4. 9mmruger1

9mmruger1 Regular member

I think that you should look at AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. Probably the easiest to use with basically 5 click and viola.

As to the other comments, I am sure that there are those who lovingly take the other route and utilize many programs to get the job done. Again, perspectives and attitudes of individuals.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

As stated if you want the easiest and fastest then use AnyDVD and CloneDVD. They work and are updated regularly, however they are also pay programs which some members cannot afford. Therefore, you see different methods to backup movies usually these entail the use of the free programs. As for the chaos about movies, this only happens when one comes out that has new protection. Yes, there could be one long thread but usually poster do not do a search or they post in different forums.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005