1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

would clone R4 card damage ds

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by bukhtu, Feb 2, 2009.

1. bukhtu

bukhtu Guest

i recently bought ds lite for my kids then discovered about r4 cards, i was recommended to buy from klickstore( i know) i should have done more research before ordering, anyway it eventually arrived, the kids are using the r4 card but i been told it could damage the ds lite, could some one enlighten me on this subject,.

2. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

A few cards can draw too much current and blow the internal fuse, however this is very unlikely and most are very safe - if its working - its fine!

3. bukhtu

bukhtu Guest

thanks for that, i suppose i just needed reassurance from someone, one more question; after reading viewing different posts i thought i would need to clone firmware but i installed v1.18 and it's working fine, obviously i should stick to it?

4. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

you need the right firmware for the card, if you have an original R4 Revolution, then 1.18 is the right firmware, if you have one of the other 10 - then you need the firmware for the card.

If its working then leave it, however you may find a lot of the new games do not load - save data error - if they do then look up the arm7 patch