1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

would like to know what i need to receive HD

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by zomb, Aug 21, 2007.

1. zomb

zomb Member

Could Anyone Please Help .I would like to know what i need to receive HD

2. fordaz

fordaz Member

You need an HD decoder (Virgin's V+ box, Sky HD or a third party HD-capable box), an HD ready TV and a subscription which covers HD broadcasts (if you buy a V+ or SkyHD box the HD channels are part of the package).

BBC and ITV HD are available on FTA satellite, but if you only have cable you need a valid subscription.

3. zomb

zomb Member

Thank you so much for the quick REPLY.I want to buy a coolsat 8000 hd fta,i have an HD ready tv (rca) The thing i"m confussed about is do i need a HD subscription With bell or will my coolsat pit up the channels.Thanks -ZOMBIE

4. zomb

zomb Member

one more thing i forgot to ask...do i need a second dish? i was told that a special dish is required in addition to a regular Bell Express Vu Dish...Is this correct??HELP sorry for the incovience-newbie ..

5. fordaz

fordaz Member

I think the ExpressVU standard subscription covers you for the HD broadcasts, but don't quote me. As long as you put your card in it should decode them fine (if not, there are ways around it, i'm sure).

You shouldn't need an additional dish to pick up HD transmissions, they're always received, but they just can't be decoded by the standard boxes.

6. zomb

zomb Member

a thanks for the halp .i called bell -To have HD channels, you need an HD receiver and to add HD programming.Thanks Again

7. nme_uk

nme_uk Member

Hi all,

Newbie here - What is the coolsat 800 hd fta receiver? I take it its a digital free to air receiver, with a HDMI out - will that allow me to receive the bbc HD services and feed my HD tv?

Are there any receivers that I can use with Virgin other than their 150 v+ box?