1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would this work guys!

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by shawn769, May 15, 2006.

1. shawn769

shawn769 Guest

Guys,

Just wondering, I have a series of a TV episode comprising of several chapters each of about 175 mb totalling to 4 GB. After reading generally through DVD rebuilder, i was wondering if it would be possible to just take one chapter (all the files are in avi format) and try to use dvd rebuilder on it. My purpose is to try to improve the video quality of the episodes. I want to see if I could test it on one file and then, if satisfied, test it on the other files as well. I understand that dvd rebuilder will only allow dvd format movies to be encoded. But... supposing I use avi2dvd on one file and then use dvd rebuilder would it work? I ask for two reasons:

To experiment on a small file rather than a complete movie of about 4 GB as I don't have a beefy machine and working with a smaller file would definitely crash the overall processing time, especially it being the first time I am using DVD RB. Another big advantage would be newbies can try various option on dvd rebuilder, in quicker time, especially when processing time is reduced significanlty in relation to the over all size of the file being small.

also

To give newbies an idea & feel of the softwares capabilities, especially with so many (encoding, i think that's what it is called!) option being available (like CCE SP or Procoder2 etc).

If the above is not possible is there any other way to achieve what I have stated above using dvd rebuilder that you guys know of.

Please do let me know... I am however trying to give dvdrebuilder a shot, very soon, been busy creating enough HD space.

Thanks & Regards,

Shawn

2. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

shawn769,

The use of filters with DVD-RB may help cleanup some video issues. However, this is based on what is wrong with the initial source video.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I never tried to use AVI files in Rebuilder, and I don't think that would work... you would need to convert to DVD compliant file format. And if you're looking to increase the quality of the source material.... I think that won't work either! With converting and then using an encoder..... hopefully you will get the same quality if at all. Using filters may adjust the source material a little but to make it better? It's in the eye of the beholder. Don't expect an advance quality like result! By using DVDRebuilder it's to keep the quality of the DVD to the highest point because it breaks down the video and audio and re encodes the material to smaller files without losing quality of the DVD that is in larger files, so it would fit a DVD-5. That's the whole point of DVDRebuilder.

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  4. L8ter

L8ter Guest

avi2dvd uses some of the same encoders that dvd-rb usesso the double processing would be unnessecary unless you just like the ease of use for filtering etc..

for processing smaller like one segment of a movie use rockas matrix editor it will encode just one small segment to see the effects of your settings/filters/matrices etc.. but in just a portion of the time >> http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=357