1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you recommend Nero 8?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by dbone1026, Jun 19, 2008.

1. dbone1026

dbone1026 Member

I plan on converting my dvd collection that I have ripped to my HDD to MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format. My question is, would users here recommend Nero 8 to do this? I know there are free programs out there like meGui, AutoMK, etc..., but unfortunately I just don't have the time to sit down and really learn the systems/customization. My goal is to make high quality AVC/H.264 files to stream to my media centers (Xbox/PS3/SageTV) and play on my tv (42', 50', 60' tvs). Before I spend the money to purchase Nero, I was curious what people thought (I have read reviews of Nero products on Amazon, etc...but it seems like only people who have problems write reviews, maybe everyone has problems????). Thanks.

2. onya

onya Guest

My short answer would be leave it well alone until later releases, and then use the trial version to assess it further. For me, the backitup function simply screwed up big time. After several pc lock ups, me patience ran out...well and truly. Give one of the freebies a go, if you don't like it delete it, no harm done to your wallet.