1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wow!

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by me4321, May 2, 2006.

1. me4321

me4321 Member

I would first like to say, i dont know why i put of using RB for so long, its amazing, the difference on 60% compression is hardly noticable, while using shrink would have been obvious. So i was wondering if there are special scripts or setting or plugin you guys have been using to max. the results.

I am trying to use RB Opt. and i am wondering if u can only make changes on a certain cell or can u make changes at anypoint in the movie. Does anyone know any good guides? Because the last cell has movie footage as well.

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  2. L8ter

L8ter Guest

welcome to the club :-}

I think it's great you are not just pacified with the results of rb and want to try new settings. there are plenty you can get a better feel for scripting from this link >> http://www.avisynth.org/

as for rb-opt it can edit/apply tweaks to each [bold]vob-id[/bold]
    For a better understanding of how this relates to each cell choose any skin except the two tabbed windows skins tech and rb default (mine will do :-} )
    and double click on any of the vts files.

I'm now playing with autoqmatenc with QMatOp, it's slow but it does a lot of the foot work for you.

My advice is wait til you have a trickier title that is giving you problem's then play with the extra features

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2006
  3. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

I haven't had a great need for filters or plug-ins besides encoding cartoons....

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Well I agree with the title of this thread, wow! I too resisted DVDRB until Mort81 got me hooked on it, and there is not a better program for high compression. Did KK and it came out fantastic. Have not used the plugins or filters but someday, when time allows for play, I will try them out. Right now though can't imagine not having this program in your burning arsenal.

5. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

i'm a RB-pro member, but i hardly ever use it because it takes my little system way tooo long to encode a movie(7 to 8 hours)but, the time that i have used it, it has given me a incredible picture quality, the best i have ever seen.

6. me4321

me4321 Member

On the doom9 guide it says to have the settings to:

VBR:30
    QUAL:20
    Pass:4

Is the default seetings better? I dont have a HD tv working right now to see the actual difference?

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I never do more than 3 passes. Usually no more than 2. More passes will really increase the amount of time required and I can't see that much improvement between 4 passes over 2 although the time required will be quite a bit longer. I will use 3 passes ocassionally on some very high compression projects. I just leave the others at default but you can experiment.

VBR_Bias
    This setting controls how CCE distributes the bitrate. To quote jdobbs:
    "When you do your first pass the bit allocation per frame/gop is set based on a constant quality. The bias determines how much weight is given toward keeping that allocation. Setting it higher prevents wild swings in bit allocation between frames/gops. Setting it lower makes the encoder allocate more bits to high demand areas as needed and less to low demand. ...The higher you set this value, the closer you get to CBR rather than VBR."
    VBR_passes

Quality_prec
    Also known as Image quality Priority in CCE 2.5 and Quantizer characteristics in CCE 2.66 +. This setting ranges from 0-64, but is scaled for CCE 2.5 which uses a 0-100 scale.
    This setting controls whether CCE gives priority to the fine details of the image, or evenly colored flat areas. A low setting will give priority to details, but could result in blockiness or color banding. A high setting will favor flat areas, but could result in edge artifacts

VBR_passes
    Sets the total number of passes the CCE encoder makes. NOTE: This setting is not equal to CCE's "passes" setting because CCE does not count the initial .vaf creation pass

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  8. L8ter

L8ter Guest

very well put mort!

and if I'm correct than it is your birthday so just what are you doing online?? your supposed to be barely standing up straight by now.

cheers to you m8 hope you find a loved one to administer the spankings :)

hwave a good one bud!!

9. me4321

me4321 Member

great info, thanks alot, and another happy birthday to you!

10. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

thanks for the b-day cheer.

11. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Mort........ happy belated birthday to you! you're 10yrs my younger!

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@Mort

Cheers to you buddy, and Happy Belated Bday greetings. Have a beer on me :)

[​IMG]

13. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Too bad ya all can't buy me a brewski. We'd be leavin it up or at least I would be :)