1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

write speed help

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bondo222, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I'll keep the KY06 firmware I've got now, but If I'm feeling couragous and dont mind the possibility of plunking $36 down on a new drive, then I'll try the cross flash with the Ks0b firmware. You're right though, there really is no real reason for me to change a good thing that I currently have going. I've writen about 8 DVDs book typed to DVD-ROM since you, Binkie, arnie, and TY4ever have helped me out and they all run flawlessly. :D

2. bondo222

bondo222 Member

ok i downloaded the new firmware but i still can only burn at 16x, i have no idea whats going on. Sucks!! And the only media i always see on sale is 16x or i would just get the 8x media. Any ideas?

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi bondo222
    Few questiosn for you:
    ºStill using the 16x Verbs?
    º2 drives now installed?
    ºHave a blank in the drive - check Nero ToolKit>InfoTool>disc tab - what does it list as the supported burn speeds?
    ºWhich app in Nero are you using to burn? If using Nero to autoburn w/ Shrink can you cahnge your burn speeds in the 'burn settings' in Shrink?

4. bondo222

bondo222 Member

Ok im still using 16x Verbs and im only using the one drive and when i put a blank in it says 4 8 12 and 16x for write speeds in nero infotool. IM using nero 6.6.0.18 and shrink. Shrink says i can only burn at 16x too. Unless its a already burnt dvd then i can pick my speeds. But i want to be able to pick 8x on the orginal dvd so i get the best quality out of it. Any help or info would be great.

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Ok - sounds like your using the same drive to read and write from and your drive is only allowing you to pick speeds based on the source disc and max. Is this the case?

If your using an original dvd than the speeds will be 1x,2x,2.4x & max usually. If that's the case and you want to burn at 8x - then you need to save to your hard drive 1st then open Nero have a blank in the drive and set 8x.

Buying 8x media may not solve burning at a also. If you pick max most good brands like Verb & Taiyo will overburn at 12x.

Do you have another drive like dvd rom drive you can read/rip from?
    If you do read from that and burn to the Samsung. Have a blank in the drive before setting the burn speed.

6. bondo222

bondo222 Member

Well i only have the one drive so this kinda sucks. Looks like i have to put the movie on the HD which i hate doing..takes a long time when i have alot of movies to do. Its wierd that the cheap LG burner i had let me pick 2 4 8 12 and 16x On the original movie and burnt ones. But with the LG drive for a while i could only pick 2x and 16x then it just changed one day..not to sure what i did. So far all the burns ive done at 16x have been coming out like a charm though..no boo boos yet..Hopefully! Well thanks for all the help binkie but if something comes to mind please let me know..or anyone else.