1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writer problem or something else, please help.

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by dobsdave, Dec 16, 2004.

1. dobsdave

dobsdave Guest

I recently bought an NEC 1300A and burned using verbatim disks, no problem. Since then I have tried 5 or six different brands of disk and I get the message that they are all illegal medium. Is this a writer problem, if so is there a fix(settings of writer/nero etc), or do I need to return the writer?.Should I accept another one because I dont see any mention of this model in any of the threads.
    Thanks

Dave

2. charwoman

charwoman Member

does Nero give you this 'illegal medium' message?

anyone know whether that's Nero talking, or does Nero just report on what the firmware is (or isn't) able to recognize?

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Does the media format (- or +) match your burner format?

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

OK, I have just have a look on google, looks like you have a muti-format burner. Have you got the latest firmware for it?

5. dobsdave

dobsdave Guest

No I dont have any firmware for it. Even if I download firmware, how would I know what disks would work?

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

It is unlikely that you will burn too successfully with no firmware.. I would try ritek or verbatim discs if I were you. Most people here report good results.
    Buy cheap media, get cheap results.
    Looks like you can use + or - media. R or RW should do.
    I would do a google search for the fimware. I think the latest version is 1.06

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004