1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

writing a DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by samaurai0, Nov 6, 2004.

1. samaurai0

samaurai0 Member

When I try to make a DVD with Encrypter after I've made an ISO file with DVDShrink, it works for a little while, then freezes. My DVD writer just seems to stop working, because it still counts the time that has past, but it the writer stops for some reason. Thanks for the help.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi samaurai0, welcome to aD,

I'm going to guess and say you're talking about DVD Decrypter, right ?

What are your PC's specs ?

What media are you burning ?

Are you doing anything at all on your PC ? even typing ?

You cannot do anything and expect your PC to operate. Burning and Encoding requires 100% of your Processor's resources.AAMOF, I would suggest that you go into msconfig and if you are running XP disable all in your startup. If you have another OS only keep systray and My Computer, turn all else off while you're burning.

It could even be heat releated. Does the whole PC freeze ? In not then see above - DO NOT TOUCH THE PC WHILE BURNING !

Try again -

It should be better -

Pete

3. samaurai0

samaurai0 Member

Im using Toshiba laptop, with 2.4GHz processor, and 512 MB of RAM. The DVD writer is a TDK 440N external writer, and I'm using Memorex DVD+R discs. I tried what you said and it still stops writing the image. It goes fine for awhile then the buffer bar stops moving, and it says that it is writing at 0.0x. I let it go for a couple minutes, and it just sits there. It wont let me cancel either, I have to reboot. Any other ideas?

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

It sounds like it's overheating.

Your PC does it's hardest work encoding and burning, it needs all of it's resources and the processor is working at it's max and heats up like a "Bad Boy". Try keeping all vents open and putting a fan next to it to attempt to cool it down -

Make sude the fan is blowing like crazy -

Pete