1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing DVD image file to hard drive?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bucabeach, Aug 29, 2007.

1. bucabeach

bucabeach Member

Hello

I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to.

I downloaded a movie from the net. It was all in .rar form. I tried to unrar it, but the resulting image was greater than 4gb, so my hard drives wouldn't accept it (I have FAT32). What I managed to do was use Pinnacle InstantWrite to unrar the files to a DVD-R disc. So now I have the image of the movie on a disc.

My question is: Is it possible to write the image file to my hard drive, resulting in the video_ts and audio_ts files being on my hard drive?

I have Nero 6 and thought that if I could accomplish the above, that I could then make an image of the video_ts and audio_ts and save that to my hard drive, then burn that image to disc, resulting in the dvd. I've tried searching for the answer, but all I can find is info on how to write an image to disc.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

2. watsonf

watsonf Member

I know that you can use nero recode to copy a dvd to the hard drive and it will keep it under 4.7 G but i am not sure if you can take a movie off the net and do it. You might try to do it useing Nero Recode

3. bucabeach

bucabeach Member

Thanks for your suggestion. I figured out how to do it. I have DAEMON Tools Pro and put the dvd with the image file burned onto it into my dvd drive. I then mounted the disc to a virtual disc using DAEMON. I was going to try to burn from the virtual to the actual but Nero wouldn't recognize the file on the virtual disc. I then noticed a File Explorer option in DAEMON for the virtual disc. I opened that and saw the video_ts and audio_ts folders. I copied the video_ts folder to my hard drive (Only about half of the files copied because after about 15 minutes the virtual drive un-mounted itself. For the second copy attempt, I just selected the rest of the files and copied them). I then used Nero to burn the dvd files to a disc. I tried it in my dvd player and it works!!!