1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

writing dvd

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Gayle, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Gayle

Gayle Member

I have been using Anydvd and Clonedvd2 for quite some time now with accuacy. I have progressingly been having problems writing. It says unsucessful writing-bad media. It didn't happen all the time at first but now it would not copy 3 out of 4 movies-3 in a row with same message. It copies some of it and then I can't use the dvd anymore. I am using Fugifilm+r dlrw, Imitation+r, Verbatim+r dl, HP+r dl. This last episode was with Fugifilm. I have a Memorex DL burner. Can someone help me figure out what is going on?

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

What is the make/model and current firmware on this burner, have you updated the firmware on the burner recently? What is the rated speed on the media you are using, a friend of mine is having problems with their Memorex burner, it will not burn most of the 16x media but has not problems with the 8x rated.

3. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Hi :)

If you are using DL discs there is no need to put it through clonedvd, all you need to do is have anydvd running in the background and rip the movie with DVDDecrypter in ISO read then Imgburn to burn and then you will have a 1:1 copy of the original.

Only use good media, for DL media Verbatim are the best and burn at 2.4

Imation,Memorex and HP are crap to put it bluntly Fuji is good but only if it is MIJ(made in Japan)

Keep your firmware upto date

4. Gayle

Gayle Member

My firmware is up to date. I am using 2.4x dvd's. the burner is Memorex dvd+/-dlrwl1f16 which is old. I had dvd decrrpter and dvd shrink but I had a problem with my computer and had to redo. I downloaded dvd shrink but can't get dvd decrypter anymore. Thought I back it up but can't find. Now what?

5. pazzini

pazzini Guest

6. lasers20

lasers20 Guest

i had the same problem a while back.and i even brought another dvd burner and still had the same problem only to find out that i had
    installed another dvd encoding software that caused the problem.
    look for something you installed right before your problems. it may help.

7. Gayle

Gayle Member

Thank you for the website. I did not have any other copying software at the time. I will try reinstalling and see if that works. Thanks.

8. pazzini

pazzini Guest

You're welcome :)

9. Gayle

Gayle Member

I reinstalled my software and it still does not work. I got the movie to copy with dvd+r Imitation but it will not work with DVD+ DL. I don't understand because it worked before. I was using Verbatim but I had a problem once or twice with them also.