1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing Speed

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by goozy, Aug 22, 2004.

1. goozy

goozy Member

Okay i have a sony viao grv680 labtop with a optical dvd/cd burner drive. Also have a lite-on 870 external burner. I have Nero 6, dvdxcexpress, and Roxio 6. I had no problem 4x ridata with roxio to my hard drive and back on to other disk. But the 8x ridata will not burn at 8X {IT BURNS AT 6.2}. From that i'm getting a lot of errors. On the option for writing speed it gives me 1,2,4,6,8x. But when i choose 8x it burns at 6. As for Nero 8x will not burn either using the external, because the laptop only burns at 2x. Help.

2. john179

john179 Active member

I would check the meadia guide for your burner on there web site.Although the disc may say 8 x speed it does not always mean your burner will do them at that speed.The more compatible the media is with your burner the better chance you have at getting it to burn at the correct speed.Take for instance my Lite-on drive will only burn the red 4 x speed Datawrite at 2 x speed.Checked Lite-on web site and it states the drive had a problem with the writing speed of this media.

Normally they will try to intoduce firmware updates to sort these problems out.I'm sure you will find a firmware update to deal with the problem.

John179