1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrong aspect ratio in movie DVD

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by ematrix, Jan 3, 2006.

1. ematrix

ematrix Member

I recently purchased a DVD (original not bootleg) and the movie is displayed in wrong aspect ratio, all the image is stretched vertically, i checked it and apparently the movie wasn't flagged as Widescreen, and i can't manage to fix it... any advice?

If you suggest me to use IfoEdit, please explain to me how to use this program to fix the issue, i don't know how to, thanks.

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

what player are you trying to play the dvd with?

3. ematrix

ematrix Member

the brand or model of player has no importance, since i have tried it on several standalone and pc players with the same result, and i'm not the only one who was experienced this problem with specific releases... the problem has to do with the video not being flagged as widescreen, so the 16:9 video is streched vertically to fill a 4:3 screen, rather than letterboxed the 16:9 image to fit the 4:3 screen (and maintaining the aspect ratio) i know what the problem is, but i don't know how to fix it.

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

an original dvd with such mistakes !?
    you've been ripped.

check in your player menu and see if you can fix it there. otherwise you need to rip it and change the flag