1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wrong dashboard loading

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by redmarker, Apr 11, 2006.

1. redmarker

redmarker Member

i used to have my xbox softmodded, w/a 320g in it. i ran out of the 120g it let me use. so i bought a xecuter 2.6 chip, have it installed and all. in hopes that it'll let me use the rest of the hd.

my old default dashboard was XBMC, i used the shortcut xbe file to do that. now when i flash the bios either nothing loads up, or evolutionx loads and it still dosn't allow me to access the extra 200g.

i know i'm doing something wrong, but i just don't know what. if anyone knows how to fix this, i'd really appreciate it. thanks in advance.

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Well you have to reformat the hdd, so xbox will read the whole hdd.
    go here to download the autoinstaller disk. then burn the iso to DVD-R. Then use this disk to format and install dashboard. Backup your stuffs to PC first before format the hdd. I have all tutors here too.
    http://my.afterdawn.com/thereturn/all_links.cfm

3. redmarker

redmarker Member

after i back everything up, can i set up the partitions on the larger one using xboxhdm and clone it from the original xbox hd?

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

YES, that is another way but you need eeprom.bin

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2006
  5. redmarker

redmarker Member

i remember there being multiple eeprom.bin files. i had problems finding the right one last time. is the one i need in the e:udata/250..... folder? i don't remember all the numbers. or is it located somewhere else?

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

eeprom can be in root of E, E:\backup folder, E:\UDATA.

7. redmarker

redmarker Member

i finally got everything backed up and duped the original hd. the new x2 bios is finally loading to the evox screen. but now it's saying i have 161 megs open on the E: and nothing 0 megs on F: and G:

also, when i was reformatting the hd, it never asked to make a G: how is that done.
    -thank you so far and in advance

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

which bios do you have?

9. redmarker

redmarker Member

X2 4977

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

You dont have G drive for that bios.
    But look at your xbox. it reads the whole hdd already. How do you have more space for G drive?'

11. redmarker

redmarker Member

the problems is, it's not reading the majority of the HD. i have 0 megs open on the F: and G: so the only drives that are reading correctly are the C: and E: whenever is try making folders or anything on the F: or G: it never shows up in anything.

if there's going to be no G: for this bios, should i alter the bios,and re-flash with the new one making the LBA48 say "partition 6 takes up rest of drive" or will that still cause data corruption after 130G

maybe should i use another bios, like EvolutionX M8? i was told that is compatible with X2 chips.

12. redmarker

redmarker Member

i finally got it all up and running. i was burning AID to a CD-R the whole time, and was not told that it doesn't work that way. i finally used a DVD-R and all is well.

also i updated my bios to X2 5035. it has a "X2 Live Config" text when booting before the bubble vid, what does that mean?

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

That is how x2 5032 boots.

Can you help cua1009? I will bring him here. He got X2 chip and AID iso. He said that he flash bios M8 successfully but it wont load the AID disk. He got the christmart light after flash the bios (NO dashboard install yet).

I just wonder if he flashed it right and burned iso right.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2006
  14. redmarker

redmarker Member

sure, bring him over, i'll do what i can

15. cua1009

cua1009 Member

ok thereturn sent me to look this up, So i have EvoX M8 i burn to disk and select load bios from disk it then moves to the flashing screen where it says the xbox will shut off after completion, so i wait till the xbox turns off and try to reboot... this is where i start to run into my problems... when i turn on the x box all my led's and such turn on for a second and beep then turn off this repeats one more time then it finally trys to boot but nothing but black shows up on the screen and the xbox is blinking red and green. so i have burned EvoX Dash 1.8.458 to dvd-r and also auto installer 3.0 both of them the same way i did my bios dvd-r(verbatim is the brand i am using) i try to boot them but, and it sounds like it is trying to read the cd but nothing happens. sooo i dont know what to do now if you could please help that would be great

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@cua1009

redmarker has x2 bios on his x2 modchip. When he boots up the xbox, he see "X2 Live Config".

YOu have M8 bios on X2 chip. When you boot up, which logo do you see under the Big XBOX? Or do you see Evox any where?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2006
  17. redmarker

redmarker Member

things i need to know before i can help more:
    1. what chip are you using
    2. is it solderless
    3. when you set the switch to "bank 2" does it pull up Cromwell Flashbios 303
    4. what dvd drive does your xbox have (thompson, samsung, etc)
    5. are you using cd-r's

these were the problems i was drinking over for weeks, once i figured everything out, all was good

18. cua1009

cua1009 Member

@thereturn i don't see anything it says microsoft when i disable the modchip other wise it goes straight to the flash bios screen the blue one
    ok
    1)Xecuter 2.6
    2)Yes i have the solderless adapter installed
    3)Yes it does
    4)Thomson
    5)No Verbatim Dvd-r

hope that helps

Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Try to flash X2 5032 bios with the programmer or CD. Boot up xbox, do you see "X2 Config Live". If yes, you flashed bios successfully.

redmarker has that bios on his chip and it works fine.

So you will have one bank with X2 bios. The other bank is Evox bios.

20. cua1009

cua1009 Member

I cant seem to find that bios i have only been able to find Xecuter2.4980 if u could pm me the link send it through messenger