1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wrong region ...idea!!

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by flip37, Jan 29, 2006.

1. flip37

flip37 Member

Gday guys new to this forum so hi

Got a question bought a dvd recorder from hong kong , brought back to australia wrong region , cant find region codes or hack anywhere for it , opened it up to see what brand of burner it is (ricoh pa7040) , question i have is , could a solution be to pull the drive out of the recorder and place it in my pc ,hopefully the pc will detect it , to change the region code

cheers in advance

2. budberner

budberner Guest

I think you could. Don't know for sure but why not?

3. flip37

flip37 Member

thanks bud , do you know if the region locks are normally kept on the drive itself of the motherboard in the recorders??

4. budberner

budberner Guest

I just googled it and it said there's a 5 limit change on a drive and it will become locked even if the drive is removed and put in another machine. I guess from that it is on the drive.

5. flip37

flip37 Member

thanks bud well hopefully the drive will be detected in the pc , will do it tonight let you know how i went

6. budberner

budberner Guest

I personally would search for an all-region hack first. Totally legal then you wouldn't even have to take it out and then could watch any region. Just find out the name of the drive and do a search.

7. flip37

flip37 Member

i did check the drive out its a ricoh pa7040 , only two models of player that they come in is the one i have topcon and the mustek r320a+, have looked for days and cant find any hacks or all region codes. i have contacted the vendor , as with most vendors they didnt get back to me

8. budberner

budberner Guest

Well, I guess proceed. Good luck. I'm interested in the outcome.

9. flip37

flip37 Member

gday bud, update on my dvd , i unplugged it and dropped it in my pc and change the region code to 4 , played a region 4 dvd in the pc and it worked fine , dropped it back into the dvd unit and said wrong region , something on the motherboard is not letting it play what is incoded on the player