1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wtf is wrong

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by rc82, Mar 28, 2005.

1. rc82

rc82 Member

First, I apologize if this thread is in the wrong place but I'm not sure where this is supposed to go. My cousin is in Iraq right now and I promised him I would send him some of his favorite tv shows. I have multiple cd's worth but they are all xvids and I swear I have tried damn near everything I can to convert them to mpgs. I have been using, cce, tmpgenc, dvd2svcd, winavi, or the film machine to try to get these things on a svcd (should i be trying vcd maybe?).
    Some apps say that the video is not supported, winavi for some reason splits a 700mb avi to a 700mb mpg and a 70mb or so mpg even when i set the limit to 1cd@700mb, and tmpg says that the video size is wrong and needs to be a multiple of 8x8 and it is. so again...wtf is wrong. i am getting so pissed that nothing seems to work or go right. btw i do have codecs installed and ffdshow or whatever and have checked everything with gspot. anyone help?

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Any video I can't convert with Tmpeg always works with Cucusoft.

You probably should use VCD because more dvd players support the format. Unless you know for sure your friend's dvd player supports SVCD.

If your friend can watch them on a computer you could just make a data cd and not have to worry about converting them.

I've never used winavi but it probably splits the file so it will fit on the cd.