1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

www.downloadshield.com Scam or What?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by sam1dog, Aug 26, 2004.

1. sam1dog

sam1dog Regular member

I clicked on the link above while viewing this forum and said how you can legally download all these new movies and games since its not p2p. Only $25. Anyone have any experience with it. Thanks

2. mess1

mess1 Regular member

3. glazenuts

glazenuts Member

where do you get your info. about "DownloadShield.com"?
    I did a search with the eMule link you provided in the forums, and got no hits. Please explaing yout opinon?
    thanx,

4. mess1

mess1 Regular member

Wtf are you talking about? I'm saying that it is P2P (Peer to Peer) software and that it is a scam.

Here is an alternative that is FREE and not a SCAM.

http://www.emule-project.com

Have to spell it out for the dim witted.

5. zudatron

zudatron Member

I have no experience with it, but this guy suggests that it's a scam and gives some background to the nature of these sites http://www.beatking.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3725 . Judging by what they claim to offer, it can't possibly be legit anyhow. I was surprised to see it as a sponsored link on the Gamespot page for The Sims 2.

And what about those 'awards' on the downloadshield.com site? I didn't see any mention on tucows.com or softwareseeker.com. Just how easy is it to set up a scam these days, especially with sites like Gamespot providing advertising?

Too bad you wated time because of the above reply. That link looked like a reference to me as well. Funny how repeating himself constituted 'spelling it out'.

How do we help keep up the quality of the internet? Don't support sites (ie visit, pay) that advertise this junk, post your references so people can see you aren't full of it, and post your answers so others can google things faster (like what I am trying to do).