1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wxp and sp2

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by paulsy, Feb 7, 2005.

1. paulsy

paulsy Member

hiya lads
    here's the thing,since i installed sp2 i've found i can't access a few sites one in paticular being a pokerroom were i had about 20grand amassed(not real money of course)lol..i thought it might have been my firewall stopping me ...is sp2 any good to me i've seen a few threads were it has been advised to uninstall it,is it acutally doing anything or just sitting there,i've got norton 2005 installed,what do you think

2. elliott

elliott Regular member

Hello,
    Try adding this site to your trusted sites zone in IE. Don't uninstall sp2 it's a big leap forward in security for windows. You can check out articles dealing with various configs of sp2 and trouble shooters at pcworld.com and pcmag.com. Not one mag I subscribe to has said it isn't worth the trouble. I have problems viewing certain images on the web but that was after some jerk created a trojan that appears in these types of images other than that I have been very please with its performance. I don't think norton is keeping you out but for more on norton visit a thread on this site under general discussion NORTON WON'T TURN ON. There has been some discussion there regarding norton so I won't have to repeat myself. The other option is to install firefox and use it as an alternate browser and see if you can get to that site. Hope it helps.

3. elliott

elliott Regular member

Hello,
    Try adding this site to your trusted sites zone in IE. Don't uninstall sp2 it's a big leap forward in security for windows. You can check out articles dealing with various configs of sp2 and trouble shooters at pcworld.com and pcmag.com. Not one mag I subscribe to has said it isn't worth the trouble. I have problems viewing certain images on the web but that was after some jerk created a trojan that appears in these types of images other than that I have been very please with its performance. I don't think norton is keeping you out but for more on norton visit a thread on this site under general discussion NORTON WON'T TURN ON. There has been some discussion there regarding norton so I won't have to repeat myself. The other option is to install firefox and use it as an alternate browser and see if you can get to that site. Hope it helps.

4. paulsy

paulsy Member

HIYA ELLIOT,i see what your saying mate,with some after thought i think i'll keep sp2 not worth uninstalling for a game of poker is it, (think of all that cabbage though lol),thanks for your reply.all the best P.