1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-B.I.T. pogo pin installation

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Xombie207, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Xombie207

Xombie207 Member

Ok...im new to the whole xbox modchip things so i have a question. Can I use the pogo pin install method if the holes where the pins go are soldered shut? Someone please help me because i have no idea how to install the modchip.

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

X-B.I.T. Homepage with install instructions

http://www.dms3.com/cgi-bin/xbit/site.pl?page=home

You'll have to remove the solder to free up the holes to put the pin header in. If you don't want to attempt this, use the no-solder method and screw it in.

3. Xombie207

Xombie207 Member

i ended up having to use the wire install method because my pogo pins broke, but i keep getting the three restart then red/green led and i know it has to be flashed right and im almost positive i soldered it right (stupid D0 point is hard)...could i have a faulty modchip or something else? someone please help me!!!

4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Even if the modchip is faulty the question is moot because since the pogo pins are now broke ( and not during shipping) the company won't give you a new one. Don't even expect them to answer your e-mail if you plan on contacting them.

5. petypablo

petypablo Member

Hey can you help me?
    I have a xbit V1.5 and I cant back up my xbox games to my hard drive. The farest I can go is getting a connection from my xbit to my computer (Using my flash software)do you know how to back up xbox games to my hard drive w/ the xbit. If you could please direct me on how to.
    Thanks...

6. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

X-B.I.T Homepage with install instructions :

http://www.dms3.com/cgi-bin/xbit/site.pl?page=home

1. Decide which bank to flash to. It doesn't really matter as long as the bank is filled with the same bios of the correct size AND that your dipswitches are set to that specific bank.

2. Go to www xboxstation com and download the X2 4983 bios which included a resize tool to make 512k and 1Mb bioses. If you want, find a bios that says it works with 1.5 You are only downloading the 4983 for the resize tool.

3. Download slayers v2.6 to install the dashboard and harddrive game load applications.

Instructions to find slayers :

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/119611

Once the dashboard is loaded it will give you an IP address that will connect you to the xbox. Use a program called FlashFXP for file transfering. You can find the full version on filetopia. www filetopia com

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004