1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-b.i.t. wont flash

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by ksman13, Aug 27, 2004.

1. ksman13

ksman13 Member

So i bought an Xbit and tried hooking it up to my cpu call me dumb or whatever but you really have to jam the usb and other connecting cables in there. I was wary of this and in the begining all my connections were lose now i realize that may be my whole problem. but everything is connected tightly and securely now so it should work right? no. every time i try to connect the chip to my pc and flash it via xbit.exe it says "Failed to open connection to X-B.I.T. board. Please unplug the board from the PC (USB cable), wait, and then re-plug the device back in and try to connect." now at one point during my fear of jamming and breaking connectors i managed to connect to the chip i clicked format and waited nothing happened so 10 minutes later i dissconnected the chip and tried to reconnect is worked again (even though i now know that the chip was not all the way connected to the USB) this time i clicked format and it worked i could now choose either write read verify or erase. i chose write and i was given the error "GetBus command Failed" (that may not be the exact error as i am remembering this from yesterday) despite the error the program still appeared to work as it loaded a window where i could look for whatever i wanted to write i chose the file flubbered.bin as i was instructed to do so by a friend. at this point i got the same GetBus error again then the program appeared to be working. however the connection to the USB was still really lose and my cpu gave me that damn bedupe bedink sounds i figured it must have come lose but the xbit.exe still said connected. odd. well i clicked dissconnect as it was not physically connected. then i tried to reconnect. and every time i try to connect to the chip it gives me the unplug/re-plug instruction. i said well maybe just maybe it actually worked so i tried to boot up the box however it booted up normal. so i am unsure whether i had the connection a little bit off. or if the chip is simply not working. i dont know if it is broken or nuked. would xbit.exe not be able to connect if the chip is already flashed? i think not as this would make it difficult to flash the chip after the initial flash. the thing is im a noob and im at the end of my rope. so any help would be great. specifically is there a way to know if the chip is messed up or if its a problem with my pc? like i said any help would rock. thanks for your time. pm me for a YM or email if you need it. wish me luck

2. virtex

virtex Member

Try a different computer.

What chipset does your current computer have?
    If it is nForce2, the XBIT seems to hate them.

If not I remember somewhere somebody saying something about micron chips, that if your computers motherboard has micron chips on it that XBIT will not flash.

Just go to a different computer.
    I tend to take mine in to work and flash it with the DELL Laptops that we have.

3. ksman13

ksman13 Member

thanks man i did try s dell cpu it didnt work but i sent it away to a friend of mine who mods xbox's part time so he got it working. now its been a week and i hate the post office. any way all is well. i just need to get the chip and connect it switch my hd's etc...

it seems so ridiculous to me that it would take this long i started trying to mod in the middle of july

well whatever thanks again