1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X BOX Back up

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by josha, Jun 12, 2004.

1. josha

josha Member

So, I was going to go the PS2 way for a mod chip, but then I got an x box yesterday. It looks like I have to take a similar approach and get a mod chip (any recommendations?)

So after I get a solderless mod chip, I also have to network my pc to the xbox... can any damage be caused to the harddrive of the xbox by the networking? Is there a program that is better than others for the backing up process?
    Do I need a bigger harddrive if I am just backing up 1 game at a time?

If anyone knows of a reputable website that has modchips for the xbox(I have heard of people getting ripped off), and also let me know if there are any crucial steps I may overlook in this backup process.

Also, I am looking all over this xbox to find the version#... the only thing remotely looking like a version number is on the back... a line of digits
    100V - 127V ~2.1A... should I assume it is 2.1A?

I know these questions are probably asked all too frequently, so I apologize for having to ask them again. Primarily, if someone can just point me in the right direction on the modchip I should get, and what version xbox I have, I cna probably get the rest on my own.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2004
  2. clarky

clarky Regular member

The only damage that will result to your hdd from connecting to it, is if you delete files without backing them up first.

I have an aladdin advance chip in my xbox. I am running evo x 3925 (pretty sure its 25 either that or 35) You will need some form of aftermarket dashboard for the xbox to it a static IP so you can ftp into it from your pc. evox is probably the software of choice on this forum, from what i have seen.

there is no such xbox version 2.1a there is 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6. vist www.xbox-scene.com and faq to see what version your is.

anyway anymore q's let us know. Hope i have helped somehow

clarky.

Oh and we cant tell you where to find evo x, but check the usual places. This is because it is written using m$ tech / software without a licence or something.

anyway best of luck josha.

3. josha

josha Member

Well I have a v.1.2, any recommendation on a solderless chip? My last question after that is this. If one day my xbox got fried, and I decided to no longer do the networking thing, but still put a mod chip in it, would it play my already backed up games? Or would I need to do some special modification again.

In truth, I am somewhat hesitant to mess with my xbox since I care about it than my playstation. But if you can answer these questions I would appreciate it.

4. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

DO NOT get a solderless chip. They suck and cost about $25 more. Get an Xecuter chip and you can do everything with their 4981 BIOS (not 4983)

5. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

6. redjuice

redjuice Member

Well, my solderless chip has been across the continent twice, been checked baggage on an airplane, been thrown on the ground, banged, slamed, and it still going. Solderless is just fine. Do some reading at xbox-scene.com

7. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

........but solder chips are cheaper

8. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

If you're going to mod your own box to it the right way and solder it.

I am a member and always reading at x-scene. Also, I wouldn't be boasting about my solderless chip if I had one. My soldered chip was installed by myself and I've done the same to dozens of other peoples chips, and no problems, saved hundreds of dollars.

9. redjuice

redjuice Member

Lets review this thread:
    Orig question:
    Response 1:
    My response:
    Comment:
    I'm glad you are a member of xbox-scene, and I'm happy you can read. Yes there are a lot of problems by people who don't read and learn about installing modchips. "Solderless sucks" is not informative, my comment, that MY solderless xbit works just fine and is hardy, is my opinion and a fact. Its true, it is hardy and works great. There are pros and cons of each. Solderless adds stability, but once in, upgrading your chip will be very tricky. Pogo can be tricky to install, but always upgradeable. So, since you don't have a solderless chip, and since therefore you have no experiance with one, I can conclude that your comments about 'boasting' are uninformed and dimwitted at best.

10. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

HAHAH!!! solder less or solder, who freaking cares...
    just so you can flash it and mod your xbox...

i'm a fan of solderless, less worry about burning crap or really messing up your xbox... plus, who looks at the mod chip anyways?

just my .02
    get an xecutor lite with the no solder adapter.. sure ya pay a bit more but saves yourself the worry of killin your box..

peace
    seamonkey420