1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x box burned 2:this time its personal :P

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by 666guy, Aug 13, 2007.

1. 666guy

666guy Guest

how do i burn x box games to a disc what programs and what sort of disc do i need? (check rules before aswering just in case) i downloaded the dvd decrypter
    the iso isnt working i start it up then i go to mode-iso-write i go to tool create a dvd mds file for my iso then select a cd drive and click verify it finishes downloading and it says there is an I/O Error

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

3. 666guy

666guy Guest

will i need a mod-chip? wait what the hell is a mod-chip am i supposed to take it out or put one in my xbox?

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

A mod-chip allows you play backups, imports, emulators and run various apps like turning the xbox into a media center. You would need to open the xbox to insert the chip by soldering it onto the motherboard, depending on the box version you can also insert solderless mod-chips as well.

You don’t need to open the xbox if you don’t want to and besides you don’t have to if you softmod. Here’s a tutorial as to how to mod your box without opening it. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/489542

The guide forgot to mention that the dash version that you need in order to mod your box must be 5960. You can find out by looking in settings. You can update by attempting to log onto live from a game.

A softmod and mod-chip gives the same functionality, but a softmod is a little bit more complicated to recover from, for example if you delete important system files your box will no longer boot resulting in error codes. You can fix it but you would need additional software and spend lots of time in the forums learning. A mod-chip contains utilities that solves known issues without using additional pc software, much safer than a softmod though. In the end both will give you problems if you delete system files or allow a xbox live game to update you dash if you click the xbox live tab of a game's menu after you have modified your xbox.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007