1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x-box game iso

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by XmujiX, Oct 15, 2004.

1. XmujiX

XmujiX Member

Can anyone give me instructions as how to go about playing x-box game iso's on x-box. I do have a dvd burner, but after reading up on x-box backup on the internet, I believe it's not possible to burn the iso game file onto a cdr or dvd-r and play it on x-box...or perhaps I understood wrong. I'm completely new to this. The only way seems to be ftp ? I don't know how to do this either..'ftp'. Can anyone guide me as to how I can play x-box game iso's (located on my pc) on my x-box.

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

iso is an image that is played off a dvd or cd (if its small enough). Open nero, click open, choose all image files, choose your iso, choose your burn speed and away you go (leave all other settings as they are).

YOu must ftp the DATA to the xbox if you want to play off the hdd. Extract the iso (qwix, craxtion, xxxiso) and then ftp it to your dir that has the games folder. Eg f: games. then create a folder for your game in this folder eg spiderman 2, then open this folder and transfer the DATA from the extracted iso into it. Reboot the xbox and it should be there.

one question though. If you dont know how to ftp, how have you gotten your iso? You didn't download it did you????

3. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

XmujiX, you need a modchip to play ISO files and I'm quite sure you don't have one or even know what a modchip is.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004