1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-box games "copying"

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by assasin88, Oct 26, 2004.

1. assasin88

assasin88 Member

hello, i got an X-Box game, and it is in 16 different RAR files, when i am extracting them, it comes up with "would you like to overwrite current file" i say "yes to all" as i think that it is just adding to the main RAR that it is extracting. the game is 1.05Gb, and i have added the RAR file in alcohol 120% and it says that it is a Standard Iso, for some reason, but how do i copy this onto a DVD so that it will work.

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Usually in a downloaded xbox game there will be alot of rar files,one nfo file and a sfv file. If you want to check the game for broken or corupted files you will need to get a checksum verifier and use the sfv file. The nfo you can just delete. And then at the end of the list of files....maybe the second last file,there should be a rar file that isn't named like the others....this is the one that you click on to extract. It will extract ALL of the files for you...no 'overwritting'. Once this is done,it should be a working ISO file....and for good measure,use craxtion to patch the .xbe file or the whole ISO. Now all you have to do is burn the image using Alcohol 120% or Nero. That's about all you need to know.

Good Luck

3. assasin88

assasin88 Member

will i need a chip in the x-box if i do what ya just said, and i have tried using craxtion and i cant work it, its weird.

4. assasin88

assasin88 Member

the only file that is different from the others is one that is different in size but still has a Gb worth of stuff in it in one RAR. 15 out of the 16 RAR are 48,829Kbs and the other one is 25,056Kbs so thats the only one that i can see is different.

5. intricate

intricate Member

The one with the alternate filesize is the last part of the rar. It splits up the rar in equal parts, the last part isn't equal because it just holds the remaining bytes.

You should probably just unrar the first part, (e.g. part01.rar) and that should take care of the whole thing. If you end up with an iso then you're good. The reason you keep get those overwrites is cuz you keep unrarring the same thing when unrarring every part.

6. assasin88

assasin88 Member

hello, intricate thankyou for replying and all, but when ya say unrar the first pasrt, well thats a lil hard as they all have the same name. and when i unrar just one of em it has the file that i need, but tha thing is when ya unrar it ya would expect to get an ISO but ya just get another RAR file, which says it is meant to be the ISO, ya can add that RAR into alcohol and it reconizes it as a Standard ISO, but the rest im not sure about, i cant find "part 1" of the RAR's as they are all named the same

7. assasin88

assasin88 Member

the only thing close to the "first" RAR is one that has r00 at the top of it, is that the only one that has to be unrared.