1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-box vS. Ps2---last one got closed on accident

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by flynn53, Nov 20, 2004.

1. flynn53

flynn53 Member

ps2 and x-box are booth fighting for ground to be better than each other Ps2 has more games and san andreas, X-BOX thogh has halo 2(which ratings are saying is better than San andreas) and other games but ps2 has more games x-box has better games, And als x-box as far as game console runs circles around ps2. Also i hear poeple winning aboutthe size of x-box controolers a friend of mine has an x-box controoler that's no bigger than a ps2 controoler buttom line is there are hundreds of different types of x-box controolers made by different companies but anyway microsoft has tons of different styles of x-box controllers. But what the thing to get is the X-box's made in japan i'm getting one for christmas, that they have a way bigger hard drive and there made to copy games onto it there about 300 bucks but all togher it's cheeper rent a game for 6 bucks and bring it home and load it up so that's the Sh*t, But my opinion the japan x-box is way better than ps2, and regular x-box but i'm futurnate that a family member is in japan now and think there alleagle in the states, So i'm getting the japan X-box, But it's all on opinion and i put this script in here cause i want to here your opinion

2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Got to be ps2.

I have both and i compared gfx on the same game and there is hardly any difference

I like the ps2 controller more, its better looking, it has many more exclusive good games like gta san andreas which takes a good deal of hours to complete unlike the halo series which the xbox fan boys always use when they compare xbox to ps2 and it is completed in a few hours.

In terms of modding xbox is easily the easiest and can do more things but its a games console if you want it to read divx and windows and linux and music etc get a pc it does all of those.
    Backing up xbox games is alot more hassle than doing a ps2 backup.

Just look at the sales figures.
    Xbox has sold half as much as ps2, ps2 is still selling more even though it is older and still £10 more expensive.

And if a few million people isnt enough proof well...

This is just my opinion, some people prefer ps2 some xbox.

3. Fatality

Fatality Member

First of all, XBOX has'nt been around near as long,
    The XBOX rendering is faster , loading is faster graphics are superb, I love my xbox, Its a better unit, But on the other hand, PSX2 is easier to mod and the games are easier to backup, Quality, XBOX all the way, Simpicity PSX2, Controllers well at first those huge controllers on XBOX had ne turned away, but they made smaller ones, From the start PSX2, now there about even on controllers, besides that you can buy a adapter to use psx2 controller with XBOX. games psx2, I have top give it to them, But we will see, Bill Gates said he aint given in. XBOX is picking up more games every dau as the contract with sony expires. So power wise XBOX all the way, Simplicity and quanity PSX2.

4. punx777

punx777 Regular member

they both have there goods and bads..xbox has a hd which you can save to:) awsome, me luvs.... but if all your going to be doing is game saves, you have about 8.96 gigs that you arent going to use........i think xbox loads faster.......

modding is apparently so much harder on ps2 then xbox, (which didnt apply to me because i just sent mine in)

ps2 has way more games then xbox...

xbox allows you to copy music to the hdd,, pointless for any of us who have CDS and cd players, perhaps if you could say, have an in-game menu that alows you to play it while your playing, i would like it but otherwise no.......

the biggie.................. ONLINE PLAY IS FREEEEEEEE
    you dont have to worry about minutes or anything.. the only trouble is the network adapter, but the new pstwos and 90 percent of all the packages they have at stores have a free network adapter

xboxes are big, clunky and heavy......ps2s are very light.(the new pstwos are a third of that size)

id agree with matty... ps2 is better............

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Like Fatality put it, XBOX hasn't been around that long therefore its fanbase isn't that big. The PS2 built its reputation from the previous PS1. In terms of modding, the XBOX is the best. You can run all kinds of apps on it, even surf the web. There are many emulators for XBOX as well. The PS2 beside from playing backups, I don't know of anything else it can do. Free online play? There are free online services out there for XBOX as well, called XBConnect and XLink-Kai. In terms of controller, XBOX's controller is definitely designed for FPS while PS's controller is designed more for fighting games in my opinion. XBOX's controller is more comfortable in my hand no doubt about that. Game wise, there are certainly more games on the PS2 since it came out a year before XBOX. But most of the good games are coming to the XBOX later anyway. Given 2 versions of the same game, I'd always go for the XBOX version. XBOX is chunky and heavy, but I'd rather have that than having to worry constantly about breaking it if it was like the new slim PSTwo.

6. EvoxGuy

EvoxGuy Member

You often play on a console while carrying it about?

7. convolute

convolute Regular member

I personally own a ps2 myself, and the machine is a piece of dog crap. Sure it runs the games (sometimes) and yeah it has the most games and 3rd party support, but unfortunately, many, many, many of those games are crap. The only reason why I got the ps2 was for Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.

I have a friend who has the GC, XBOX, and PS2. The one that he plays the most, and is the most fun, and I'll admit it too, is the GC. Yes it lacks online support, yes it lacks 3rd party support, but what comes out for it is very often great games; they're damn fun and give you shitloads of gameplay fun for a long time.

8. flynn53

flynn53 Member

i agree, and disagree at the same time. if your a Mario fan i'de recomend gamecube, But otherwise i mean xbox and ps2 blow it out of the water, Also i agree with fact that those miny ps2's must be easy to break there like the size of a laptop, Think about modding one of them, also the smaller they make it the harder it is to fix if something breaks, and the easier it is to break it. Know like i said PS2 has GTA's and X-box has halo 2 know gamecube has mario cart 2..? i mean it's not that hard to figure.. But those mario games can sometimes by chance be funner than halo 2 or san andreas.. but it's a different type of fun, ABout the size of xbox most people just set it p by the tv and leave it there, You know if tou want th pull a 3 ton trailer you should use a 3 ton truck(x-box) a little s-10(ps2) just might do the trick if your lucky, and be smaller, But if you the truck to get the job done right and, LAst a lot longer after the job you'll pick the 3-ton pickup(X_box)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  9. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Regarding GTA San Andreas, it will no doubt come to XBOX later on just as GTA3 and Vice City did.

10. flynn53

flynn53 Member

and i don't know if halo 1 did this but it might come out on xbox, MAtbe but probly not cause microft ownes halo 2 where as Rockstar games not ps2 ownes SAn andreas so san andreas is idepentent they probly gave the game to ps2 and computer for a year but there goal is to make money so rockstar will eventually sell san andreas to xbox cause then they will make more money, Where as halo 2 created by microsoft won't even release the game to computer cause they figure that a lot of people(ME) will go out and by an xbox just foir the game and that way they will make a profit. But if someone by's a ps2 non of it really goes to Rockstar where as if someone by halo 2 and an xbox Booth go to MIcrosoft

11. convolute

convolute Regular member

Actually, there are a lot of games that are not Mario for the GC that are fun. People easily make that misconception without actually playing some of their games first. Yes, mainly their own licensed games are the most fun, which I do agree, but they are fun because they are typically innovative, and not because of the Mario factor.

Xbox/Ps2 have a crap load of games, but they are rehashed ideas with improved graphics. Nintendo on the otherhand has games which are different than cookie-cutter games like FPSers. Yes, Nintendo does portray the image for the kiddies, but gaming does not have to involve breasts, killing, and whores to be fun.

Warioware is actually one of the best games there are for being unique and fun. Donkey Konga, Animal Crossing, Monkeyball, Smash Bros, etc are all great games which are excellent games. Then you add in their staples of Mario Party, Zelda series, Mario Kart, Paper Mario 2 (which btw is the best game I've played in a long time) and Metroid. Nintendo has actually built up such a significant line of exclusive titles for themselves, moreso than xbox/ps2 really.

I was a skeptic when I bought my ps2 w/ regards to the GC. Now i play my roommates and sisters gc more than my ps2.

12. flynn53

flynn53 Member

I agree i have a n64 and the mario games are a load of fun bt personally i enjoy games like halo 2 ove them

13. eagle17

eagle17 Member

Wow are there really those who are so ignorant to think that the PS2 is better. Come on just admit the only reason youre saying that is cause youre loyal to the PS, thats fine, but dont hide behind little excuses like "better games" thats ALL opinion based, I think the games on XBOX are better so thats a moot point. You cant build an effective argument of a point that is entirely opinion based. Weight wise, if youre that suceptible that 3 pounds would sway your choice in a console you dont deserve to live. And XBOX has free multiplayer too, XBconnect, X-Link Kai evox....the list goes on. Oh and what about modding for the price of only the console I have softmodded my XBOX{for no cost} and now it streams movies from my comp and uses internet radio has UX, oh and can keep a game or two and some movies on my STOCK HD, thats right I didnt have to pay for a hard drive because XBOX comes with one. I mean how can you say a console is better when the have just come out with the mini PS2, they just admitted that the original PS2's are filled with USELESS CRAP. Have you ever opened a PS2 and an XBOX? look at the mobo of an XBOX, it has way more going on then a PS2 which has jack shit in there, a flash memory OS is shit and sony knows it, why do you think there was a scramble to get out the HD for a PS2.

14. convolute

convolute Regular member

Very good point eagle... I think, personally don't knock it until you try it. If you don't even know what games are exclusive to a system, then you really are not even considering them as an option without knowing what they have to offer.

As for myself, I don't think I would purchase a console based on 1 game. The xbox offers fable, halo, and extreme beach volleyball, but i don't think it is worth getting a system for only a few games.

The reason I stated earlier I got the ps2 was the square enix titles, and the main fact that it is easily modded to some degree. The reason I did not go with the GC is because it is FAR more difficult to mod due to the stepped up security/piracy measures. Nintendo really did a good job with it for sure.

But try the 3 systems out and see what they have to offer first before making a decision. Things to consider are price too, and what you want out of the system.

15. flynn53

flynn53 Member

I agree me myself i have played all 3 , my favorite is xbox i also like x box cause the controller is so comfortable, But with all the adapters they have out know you could play any controller to any console

16. Hops

Hops Member

Oh my gosh, I never realised. Thats it, I am no longer a PS2 fanboy because Xbox has less air in it!
    What excuses are you hiding behind buddy???

17. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

Its not because its a japanese XBOX its because its a modded xbox, you can mod any xbox it does not have to come from japan...............DUH

18. flynn53

flynn53 Member

i know after looking on this site i realized that

19. frankfrut

frankfrut Guest

The first impression I got from X-Box compared to PS2 was ALOT better on X-Box's side. X-Box's graphics are noticable (atleast on GTA: VC, anywase) better. But honestly, buy a system, play the games and enjoy it. No system is better than the other, it's pure opinion. BUT its annoying when people are like "i would have boughten x box but i couldnt find a flat bed big enough to carry it" if you dont like its size, CUT IT UP!

20. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

well all I can say is on my xbox
    I have 12 emulators, 12,000 roms
    2x 250gb hard drives (I use a dpdt swtich and have one external)
    god knows how many apps.
    So I know who Im siding with!!
    quote matty:"games like gta san andreas which takes a good deal of hours to complete unlike the halo series which the xbox fan boys always use when they compare xbox to ps2 and it is completed in a few hours. "
    ....you played KOTOR? (BEST star wars and one of the BEST all time rpgs ever)
    I did see that the ps2 tried to get into the fps gaming genre with killzone, but its kinda crappy.
    Personally I think halo 1 and 2 have the most replay value of any games Ive played
    the ps2 does have some good games, has been out longer, I have HDTV and to see that running on an xbox, is a sight to behold!
    Graphical effects on xbox are wayyyy above anything the ps2 can do (look at ninja gaiden, crimson skies, etc......although I have to admit that GT4 is very impressive)
    The reason the games on all systems look the same is, for the most part, they are, theyre just ported over. But you wont see the graphic masterpieces on the xbox on a ps2, cos frankly, its not able to do it.
    ps2 has gta san andreas, GT4 and errrr errrr
    xbox has halo 1/2, doom3 (on the way) conker live and reloaded (fur shading rules), chronicles of riddick, Crimson skies,
    as a console I prefere the xbox by a HUGE margin
    Also, modded xbox are great, can do so much with em, moreso than modded ps2.
    aside from the obvious power difference in CPU speed, xbox being well over 2x more powerful, the most important thing when it comes to games is the fact the ps2 only has half the memory size of the xbox.
    When you lok at the hardware on both, and think they cost roughly the same in the shops, If I was a ps2 owner Id feel kinda ripped off.
    ...but , to Sony's defence, im def getting a psp!
    (take that nintendo SLAP!!)
    (unless they make the nintendo DS as easy to mod as the gameboy advanced........flash linkers are great!)

bottom line is, XBOX brought adults into gaming , not just teenagers. for us old farts, its great! I love the big controller too, apparantly the hardcore gamers love "the duke" as they call it.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004