1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x box

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by prob, Nov 3, 2003.

1. prob

prob Member

my x box wont reed any disks. i tried all my games and audio disks but it comes up saying, "your x box canot reconize this disk.make sure it is a x box game, dvd movie, or audio cd. also check to see if the disk is dirty or damaged. remove the disk to continue." i cleaned all my games and it still wont work, please help me.

2. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

did u try 1 of those lazor cleaners, the 1 that has little brushes on he disk?

3. snowbdrtk

snowbdrtk Member

Prob, Is your box modded?

4. GetModded

GetModded Guest

If no games will load not even originals then it could be that the laser in your DVD drive is getting weak. It happens over time.

RustyDog

5. smac2

smac2 Guest

I haven't modified my xbox, but am having the same problem. Is there anything other than using a cleaner to make the xbox read the discs, or is it time to toss it and get a new one?

6. richard77

richard77 Member

If you havn't tried the cleaner, try it (you can get it at wal*mart!) and if it doesn't work junk your XboXen

7. ls3mach

ls3mach Member

If your Xbox is unmodded, I would try and contact either the tech support or the place you bought it. Sony will fix most any problem with a PS2 for free. Maybe Xbox will do the same.

8. GetModded

GetModded Guest

M$ is not so generious. If it's out of warranty then most likely it'll cost $100 plus shipping for M$ to fix it.
    Another option would be to buy a used or refurbed console, swap DVD drives and sell the one for parts to get some money back. Would be cheaper than paying M$ to fix it.

RustyDog