1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-chip issues

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by larb, Feb 2, 2005.

1. larb

larb Member

Im having trouble with my xbox. Maybe someone could help me. I have a version 1.0 . I had a matrix mod chip with evolution x software saved to the hard drive.
    I did a bad flash and fucked it up. I bouaght a x-chip with the solderless adapter. I think I flashed the chip properly with the 1.3 bios. Im not shore if I have the single pin in the right place. When the mod chip is disconected the screen states error 16. when its pluged in the and i power my xbox on i get nothing from the screen although the xbox is on and it sounds like its functioning properly. the chip itself is never
    lit. what should I do?

2. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

Error 16 is a failed to find dashboard code.
    the single pin Im assuming you mean the d0 wire.you have to make sure this is in the right place to get your chip to boot.
    First get a proper bios flashed to that chip, if you havent done that. Once you get that done and have it on the right d0 spot, you can save your system w. an auto installer like slayers.