1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x-disk logo appearing on boot up

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jasonok33, Aug 22, 2004.

1. jasonok33

jasonok33 Member

Hi all,
    Can some1 help me...i have been reasing xbox-scene tuts and i cant find anything.
    6 months ago i install x2pro chip cant remember what version it worked a treat and fashed it with a bios.. everything worked find i could run unsigned code everything is really nice. I didnt put a dashboard on as i wanted it to just run other region games.
    Now i have a need to put a dashboard on it ( evox) so i first upgraded one of my banks on the bios chip to the last bios 4983.67 and now my M$ logo says x-disk? anyone know what this really means has my bios flashed ok?...if it looks o.k. all my games still work o.k. what should i do next.?

2. dannchoi

dannchoi Guest

That's to let you know that the bios has been flashed, it should appear when you startup the xbox and then it should go into the MS dashboard. Next all you have to do is either connect your Xbox to a pc and ftp evox dash bin file the e:\ partition.

or

Make a cd with the evox dash on it and install it from there. Look for tuts to help you in making a load cd

3. jasonok33

jasonok33 Member

thanks for help me out, i am trying now to figure out to make a boot disk, tried a memorex 700mb CD-RW, but i did a quick erase to clear the CD-RW disk which didnt work and since i have the Thomson drive which i know is touchy .. i going to try a full erase on the the CD-RWdisk and put the evox dash on it.

:)

4. dannchoi

dannchoi Guest

Check out this tutorial
    http://evox.xboxhackz.net/bothelp/Guides/instevox.htm

I made a little change to the whole procedure though, I didn't use a PC. I put boxplorer in the parent folder so it will load on startup and installed the evox dash from the cd. Make sure you save the original MS dash and fill up the cd-rw, if it's 700mb fill it up to fill 650mb and if it's 650mb fill it to 630mb. the remaining mb are for the ISO file.

5. jasonok33

jasonok33 Member

Thanks for all your help dannchoi, thanks to u i now have successfully created a boot disk. A friend gave me a different format CDRW actually it was sony brand and it worked first time...i wasted so much time with memorex brand....ahhhh it was frustrating...
    I am about to flash my bios with M8 from the disk, then i am going to FTP to my xbox from PC to backup my stuff and then install the evox dashboard.
    thanks again.