1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-VID To DVDR using nero question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by PoDgE, Mar 22, 2004.

1. PoDgE

PoDgE Member

Hey...Hows it goin?
    I converted an x-vid of the "school of rock" to dvd and burned it onto a +RW(could it be the media i used?). anyway it seems to have worked fine apart from the fact it was quite jerky when playing back on my dvd player...well it is a cheap ass maxim 31-11 but i mean it plays everything else fine...anyway of fixing this in nero or tmpgenc?
    Thanks alot
    Dave.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi PoDgE
    try some better media,like ritek or verbatim and see if you still have a problem.Ive heard that the converter in nero doesnt work very well.I use TMPGEnc or mainconcept,give those a try
    good luck and welcome to the club
    jim

3. PoDgE

PoDgE Member

mhmm..lemme see...ok what I meant was my dvd player is a cheap ass maxim...the dvd+r I used is a verbatim..but anyway I think youre onto something with the nero convertor...I was never mad on tmpgenc though..I can never seem to get close to my target file sizewhich is really annoying where as nero has bein close the times I have.(its the latest version of tmpgenc btw)ill go work on it a bit more. anyways...cheers for that.
    ooh actually question..would it make a diff in playback if its r or rw?

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

ok sorry i misunderstood your post,yes alot of players wont play rw's.but if that was your problem i wouldnt think it would play it at all.
    you should try out mainconcept encoder its a little pricey but its the best one ive ever used,trial version available.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]no matter where you go...there you are.
    you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out of it alive!![/small]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004
  5. PoDgE

PoDgE Member

sorry...1 more question...i can be quite retarded when it comes to these things...what was asking when i meant if theres a diff in playback between r & +r was if the player played both could it possibly play one worse then the other?

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

well if that was the case,ive never heard about it,either your player plays -or+ r's or it doesnt,the quality of burning and playback is pretty much the same