1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X2.3b pro questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by thakd0gg, Aug 3, 2004.

1. thakd0gg

thakd0gg Member

hello everyone, I am new here.

I have a couple of X2.3b pro modchip questions (I'm recieving the chip tomorrow).

---

1) I am not understanding what this flashing thing is about. I don't know weather Evox is a dashboard or a Bios (or something). I know there is a special X2 bios out there but does this make the dashboard an X2 type of dashboard, or do I need to download evox for the dash... I am really confused.

2) I have a Thompson drive. What would be my best bet: trying to burn the bios/dashboard onto a cd-rw or burn it onto a dvd-r?

3) Which do you guys prefer for file managing: XBMP, dvdx, or boXplorer?

4) If anybody else has soldered this type of modchip (yourself of course), do you recommend I do it myself being the n00b solderer that I am? I mean, I would practice on a different board, but what would be my best bet? Basically what I'm asking is, is it THAT hard or would I be able to do it myself?

5) Can someone help me through the process, maybe through aim or msn?

---

I'm srry for all the q's and if this is in the wrong forum, but I am a newbie and I don't feel like frying my xbox :p

Your help and time are GREATLY appreciated.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]HEY HEY!! huhuhuhu ha aa a[/small]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  2. thakd0gg

thakd0gg Member

3. sarb25

sarb25 Member

I'm sorry to waste your time or anything like that but I am in the same boat that you are in. I don't know much about the flashing, bios, or dashboard either, but i will be getting the x2.3 lite plus so that I won't have to sodder. If you find anything else outside of this forum please inform me too. Thanks, I would appreciate any effort you make.

4. scottas

scottas Guest

Soldering isn't too hard to do. Just take your time. Check which version xbox you have. "Search" Flash the bios http://www.teamxecuter.com/index.php "tutorial section" The new bios will allow you to install a dashboard. Looking for a bios "search" Exox is a dashboard (kind of like a desktop) it allows you to do everything you need. An auto installer will work the best "search slayers" . Read all the posts in the forums, go back at least four months. You will find all info needed already typed in. If you need more help please ask, but include in you post all avenues and searches you have tried.