1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x264 crashing at same spot.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by 13echo4, Mar 11, 2010.

1. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

I've been working around the clock on "Where_The_Wild_Things_Are". I used dVdfab to rip, Tmuxer to demux and mux stream and Megui to encode.
    No matter what setting I use x264 gets to 45.11% then crashes.
    With the crashing happening at the same spot I cut a 10 min clip starting 5 mins before the crash and x264 processed it fine. I remuxed into blu-ray and watched the clip. it played fine. Anythoughts here?

2. Ogilvie

Ogilvie Guest

Please post back here if you figure it out. Sorry I cant help.

3. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

Yes I did figure it out. I forgot about this thread I started. After no reply here I went into the Blu-Ray support thread.
    Anyway I was having software conflict. X264 and Roxio was'nt playing nice. No really for some reason x264 was looking at Roxio to decode the vc-1 stream. After install FFDSHOW I had some conflict w/ FFDSHOW and a VISTA codec pac I had installed not to long ago. I ended up uninstalling the new codec and FFDSHOW and installing the K-lite pack. Now I'm back up.
    Thanks though. odin24 was alot of help. He pointed me to the roxio and X264 conflict, and suggested that I make sure that FFDSHOW was usind WMV9 to decoded VC-1. I had restored my box back to factory and did'nt think about reinstalling FFDSHOW. This was the 1st VC-1 file I processed since the restore. Neatless to say I have me an ISO disc w/ what I have installed and a txt reminding what and how I have configured. Its a dang shame I let that slip by me.