1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x264 files

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by softlad, Apr 18, 2008.

1. softlad

softlad Member

please please somebody out i need your help..i am about too pull my hair out(wot little i have left) i've serched and searched but for the life of me i cannot find out how too re-encode mkv files from 1280*525 upto 1280*720..i've got ripbot264 and tsmuxer.but thats as far as i've got..i've got the files on my desktop showing 1280*525 but want too re-encode up to 1280*720 so i can play em back on ps3 without the greenbar at the bottom of screen..i'm sorry if this has been ask'd a million times..just a gentle nudge in the rite direction may help me..and a easy walk through..thx in advance

2. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

I was looking for something similar about a year ago, but after doing reading, I found out that most software will not let you increase resolution on video, which is what you are trying to do. I haven't tried all the software though.

3. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Nero recode can do this, I've done it several times. Although the added lines sometimes are a blur instead of more black lines. Nero doesn't like mkv's so you should remux to mp4 then recode.

Load your file
    Make sure Nero Digital/AVC Cinema profile is selected for 1280x720p
    Hit the "Video" button, go to the resize tab and enter your new dimensions.

Once the recode is done now you have a new mp4 (h264 codec).

If you are just trying to view the video with AC3 audio you do not need to do this. Just load your mkv in the latest version of tsMuxer, change the AVC level from 5.1 to 4.1, make sure the m2ts radio button is selected and start muxing. Voila, a 100% compatible file for the PS3.

If you want to incorporate subs or DTS audio you need to recode for the Blu-Ray structure as m2ts only supports AC3 surround sound.

4. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Use AVIsynth with the following script...

DirectShowSource("D:\YourVideo.mkv")
    AddBorders(0,96,0,96)
    LanczosResize(1280,720)

To identify what numbers need to be added into the AddBorders command, you will need to work out how many lines are missing.

720 - 525 = 195
    195 divided by 2 = 97.5

I just rounded it down to the nearest even number and resized the picture to make it the right size.

5. odin24

odin24 Regular member

This might be a silly question but does it matter if the audio stream is in the mkv or should it only have the video when resizing or recoding?

6. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

It doesn't matter at all. It will just carry the audio track into your encoding applcation (providing you have the right direct show filters installed). You can even use AVIsynth as a tool for audio encoding. I rarely use it for that though.

7. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

I keep getting an error with the above method. Do you leave the quotes on the first line of the script? I'm sure some thing I'm doing is wrong. I'm going to try a few things and post the error message I'm getting.

8. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Are you trying to resize a mkv for AVCHD compatibility? The first line of the script is loading either a plugin or the actual video. In your case it is probably the video. Keep in mind the location of the movie is specific to where it actually is on your hard drive, not neccesarily "D\", it could be "C:\Users\ooZEROoo\Videos\Movietitle.mkv"

Also, you do have FFDshow and all of it's components installed right?

For a mkv:

DirectShowSource("exact location on your computer.mkv")
    AddBorders(0,###,0,###)
    LanczosResize(1280,720)... or (1920,1080)

MeGui has a script creator, it is under the tools menu. The first thing that is done is you load your source video, that way the script starts off on the right foot. The you need to manually type in the AddBorders and LanczosResize commands in the Edit tab.

As you are entering commands in the GUI loading your video, loading plugins, etc) that Edit tab is automatically changing, it can also be manually changed.

EDIT: If you still get the error please copy/paste the error message from the Log tab to this forum, be sure to "XXXX" out any movie titles. That would help us give you the exact help needed.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  9. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

The problem comes when I start it from the queue screen. It goes from waiting to processing when I start it. Once started about 2 seconds later it stops and it says error. I don't get a pop up error. It works when I don't use Ryu's profile.

10. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

ooZEROoo, let's start from scratch... Often each scenario can be unique in what could be causing the problem. Please tell me what format you have as your source file and tell me what format you would like to create with it.

11. odin24

odin24 Regular member

I had the same problem until I aquired the proper version of x264.exe.

Try this one. http://megui.org/auto/x264-839.zip

12. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Sorry for not replying for a while let me get everything back together and I will reply back. It's been a while since trying to create a AVCHD disc. I will reply back soon.

13. ES0090

ES0090 Member

I got the same issue, the resolution is 1280x528. I created the AviSynth file like you posted but it does'nt allow me to add it to TSMuxerGUI?

Is that what I'm supposed to do? Thanks.

14. ES0090

ES0090 Member

I take it you meant to use with MeGUI. Soon as I load my .avs file it crashes.