1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x264 split image

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by yan101, Oct 2, 2008.

1. yan101

yan101 Member

hi,
    basically i have some x264 video that i wanted to convert from mkv to mp4 using gotsent to stream to my 360. I went on a site that tole me i needed haali media splitter. Up until this point hd 720p tv episodes worked a treat on my pc, until i installed haali media splitter, now on playback i get the episode and the first 1/8th of the video is repeated at the right side of the screen. i burned my resulting conversion for a friend to stream on his 360 (mine is not set up for streaming yet) and he said it played fine, so ther must be something wrong or a conflict in my codecs right? i have klite codec pack full and haali media splitter, im not a technical wizz but i know a bit. I need to know if anyone can help me solve the problem? i couldnt take a screenshot of the video so ive made a makeshift jpeg look the same way as the video does. see link below

[​IMG]

2. TacoROCK

TacoROCK Member

Well I'm not sure if this is what you're ganna want to do but it should work, assuming it's conflicting codecs.

Uninstall all your current codecs and install zoomplayer http://www.download.com/Zoom-Player-Standard/3000-2139_4-10068896.html. During installation it should have a list of all the codecs you'll need to run just about any encode except rmvb/rm and quicktime.

This is what I use to prevent conflicting codecs, it has everything I need. Oh, and it includes haali.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008