1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X3 BIOS Help real bad

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by ken2620, Mar 10, 2006.

1. drano0127

drano0127 Member

nope, its not protected, already checked that

2. cearel

cearel Guest

do you have aim????

3. drano0127

drano0127 Member

ya, sent you a pm

4. cearel

cearel Guest

5. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

hey, I am having same problem i haven't been able to find another copy of x3 3294 bios other than the one i got from xbins, I can only boot from backup bank, I have the protection off in both places, but with 1 and 2 bank on, 3 and 4 and 5 off, it says read only, I have tred to flash about 6 or 7 times by dvd, no way to do it over network because I can't do anything to settings on xbox, just goes to flashbios 3.01 screen, please help

6. cearel

cearel Guest

ok so what happens when you flash?? and as for networking you dont need to change any xbox settings

7. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

now I am trying to get a dashboard installed, I guess I can ftp if I can get it to work

8. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

ok return and cereal here is my problem, just got avalaunch installed as dashboard, but now my xbox won't play original lor back up games, and most discs, it has only read avalaunch and flash disc, wouldn't read both auto installers, what do i need to do

9. cearel

cearel Guest

read avalunch what do you mean???

10. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

ok cereal, what I meant was i burnt the actual avalaunch dashboard onto dvd, all the files and stuff, the xbox was actually able to read it, I went into file manager and transfered every file and folder manually into c drive after editing avalaunch.xml, after installing, my xbox won't read original or backed up games need help

11. cearel

cearel Guest

hey man do you have aim??

12. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

guess not since i do not know what it is, I have yahoo messenger, by the way what is it, think you can fix my prob

13. cearel

cearel Guest

yes i can help you but it takes some explaining and i only have 5 mins left on here but if you had aim aol instant messanger i could help you alot easyer anyways i dont know if i could help you get it all done tonight but ill try. ok you need to flash ur bios before you can do anything did you do this?? if so do you have the ava dash installed?? if so go to ur settings and it will have a setting to auto launch disks and dvds enable that and you might be good let me know

14. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

ok, yes flashed with x3 3294 bios, yes installed avalaunch as dashboard, yes set to autol;aunch all disk in xml file and in actual dashboard on screen, still no luck, just show disc on screen spinning

15. cearel

cearel Guest

ok sounds good have you tried any other dashboards i have ava and i remember running into this prob just dont remember what i did lol

16. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

i tried burning aid 3.0 and slayers 2.6 to disc but xbox wouldn't read them, I think I migh tbe able to ftp now, it said no route to host

17. cearel

cearel Guest

try ftping another dash i have to go but ill be on tomarrow and i can help you if you dont get it sry man

18. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

it's ok, I am going to bed anyway

19. cearel

cearel Guest

so have you had any luck?? what have you tried???

20. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

hey, yeah I had luck, i got avalaunch installed, then i used aid3.0, I tried to get evolution x as the default, so I moved my ava files to e drive, but when I rebooted it gave me error 21, so i had to hotswap it and hook it up to my computer to put the files back in c, i tried to put evox as the default and backup but will still only boot to avalaunch, maybe because when i first burnt ava on disc I changed the default.xbe file in ava iml to avalaunch.xbe, if you hold down aor x while booting it is supposed to go to evolution x to, I am also using xselecter, but still just boots to avalaunch, evo looks a little better