1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X3 Bios Help!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by XboxMad66, Nov 20, 2006.

1. XboxMad66

XboxMad66 Member

ok well everything works well, I have set my xbox with the x3 bios on the 1mb bank (on on off off) and now I want to use the 2nd part of my memory bank 1mb (off on off off)or the 256K bank (on on off off) I tried each to store a Evo or X2 bios that supports harddrive swapping so that I can recover other Xbox units that I have. But when I flash the 2nd set of banks 5678 ( off on off off) with the evo or x2 bios all it does is flash red after i reboot with nothen on the screen or I get the service error 06. How come it seams like the flash is not taking to the chip? Im able to reflash back to flashbios303... I know how to switch to and from the different banks, But I dont know what Im doing wrong.Do I have to change out the harddrive to the messed up one after the flash? and does the harddrive need to be unlocked prior to the hook up? Please help.
    THanks
    XbOxMaDMan

2. acidy

acidy Regular member

Xecuter 3 CE does not support X2 and EvoX bioses DUDE.......
    It supports all X3 bioses. Well the latest is X3 3294 according to my knowledge !!!

3. XboxMad66

XboxMad66 Member

HUmmmmm Crazey, Do you know what other bios are supported?
    Id like to know because Im unable to find a list of what bios work other than X3. I mean it is a 2MB Flash Memory So any Ideas on this? Or do I just get a chip that supports the Evox bios. If this is the case then Why would i need the other 1MB flash memory bank? To store?
    Another X3 bios? That seems silly if it only supports X3 bios with the extra 1MB Memory.

4. acidy

acidy Regular member

Dont change your mod-chip. Xecuter 3 is the BEST and I mean it.
    X3 3294 is the latest and the best bios according to me.

Why do you want to flash another bios???

5. XboxMad66

XboxMad66 Member

well I want to recover other original xbox harddrives. I have 20 units with different harddrive errors or dead harddrives. Well Id like to sell them and I can not with bad HDs. SO I need a bios that can do harddrive swapping so that I can reload the Disks with the proper files so that the units work!

6. cearel

cearel Guest

evox bios are suppoted, as i am currently running evox m8 on mine ok so down to business what bios version do u have and were did u get it???

7. XboxMad66

XboxMad66 Member

8. cearel

cearel Guest

click my site link it has a bios section both work with the x3 chip one is m8 and the other is the x3 one

9. XboxMad66

XboxMad66 Member

ok this EvoxM8 Bios Worked, Now let me lay it down..... 1st I would need a solderless adaptor for my mod chip to use on any Xbox to copy out the Harddrive lock code from Eeprom & Print it. Next I need a Unlocked formated Harddrive to use in the xbox with the solderless mod chip in it. fire up the xbox and copy the oridginal dashboard files to the new harddrive(ftp file). turn off said xbox unhook & unhook the mod chip and turn on the unit. Now it should be able to be just like new right? and boot with the MS Dash..... Please let me know if Im Right.... THanks
    XboxMad66

10. cearel

cearel Guest

you will need to use ur chip to lock it down if u have the x3 bios on one bank you just need that to lock it after u ftp everything there is a option under disk tools to lock and unlock

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2006
  11. XboxMad66

XboxMad66 Member

so if I do everything that has been said. I should be able to recover any xbox harddrive back to oridgnal MS Dash to use as a plain old store bought xbox. over and over and over... right? sorry if i sound like a broken recored I just want to do it right the first time. with no hang ups.
    Thanks For ALL THe Help Guys!!!
    XbOxMaDMan66

12. acidy

acidy Regular member

hmmm.......... I didnt know that evox M8 works on Xecuter 3. Although now I know. :)

13. cearel

cearel Guest

yea x3 is very compatible with a lot of bios

14. XboxMad66

XboxMad66 Member

Well with all that I have said and done. DO you guys think it sounds all correct for the harddrive recovery steps that I have laid down. Do I have any errors in method?
    Thanks
    XbOxMaDMan66

15. cearel

cearel Guest

if you lock ur hdd to the right xbox yep

16. XboxMad66

XboxMad66 Member

well this odd, I get the Evox Logo in the right top area but after the Xbox splash Logo I get the error 16 service code. Even when I use the New 300GB HD I still get the error 16 code with the Evox bios , not with the X3 bios tho.... hummmm and the new 300GB is unlocked. Do you think the Evox Bios is bad? it is the one off your site the M8.. .... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

17. acidy

acidy Regular member

Nope. Your bios is correct. But your evox bios might be programmed to search the dashboard in some other place. For this, you must have to use the "evtool", edit the location of your dashboard and then flash your chip again with the evox bios which you have just edited.

18. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

you don't need any other BIOS but the X3 3294, boot into X3 Live and it has a harddrive installation setup, it'll format the drive and set it up just like you need it, sweep the floors, do the dishes and lock up before it leaves.

kc

19. Deisel

Deisel Guest

Hey,
    I have the X3 modded onto my v.1.0 xbox along with the evox m8 bios falshed on 5678( off on off off), but when I start it up the evox logo shows in the top left corner but then I get an error 13. Does anyone know what is wrong with it? I also can't seem to get to my MS dashboard either.

20. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

Your error 13 is because you don't have a valid MS Dashboard on the C drive, you can either install one, or go into X3 Config Live and set the default boot file to a different dashboard file.

kc