1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X3 CE chip problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Stabby, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Stabby

Stabby Regular member

Hi folks,

I have a V1.1 Xbox that I just installed the X3 CE chip, X3 Control Panel, and the X3 IR usb programmer. On power up, the chip's LEDs do not light up. The Xbox boots as if no chip is installed. While power is on, The IR mod had a blue LED that is on. On power off, one of the mod chip's LEDs flashes blue.

I believe I have a bad chip. I've checked and double checked the D0 wire, no wires are pinched, and all connections are good.

Any ideas?

This mod chip package came from www.mod-chip.com . When I began the install, I noticed that the external switch, IR main board, and the USB adapter board all had sticky pads on the back for securing to the inside on the console. All of the sticky back backing was missing. Most of the "stickiness" was worn away and not sticky anymore. I am suspecting that this is used equipment....Thoughts?

2. casper007

casper007 Guest

send it back for a replacement, i have bought chips from them guys and if you call them they can be very helpful.