1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x3 codec

Discussion in 'Audio' started by LadyTaz, Jun 17, 2010.

1. LadyTaz

LadyTaz Member

I have been trying to play some mp3's that I have downloaded.
    However, they won't play, because they say they need the x3 codec to play.
    But, every time I download the x3 codec, my anti-virus program tells me there is a virus.
    Can anyone help me?
    Is there a place to get the x3 codec without a virus?
    P.S. I am sorry if I am on the wrong forum. I didn't notice one for codec problems
    Thank You

2. Mez

Mez Active member

You came to the right place!

For one thing there is no such thing as the x3 codec. That codec is a deadly package. That may have just been a gullibility test. It is prudent to scare off the smart ones because they can cause trouble. Bot nets want to take over computers owned my morons. You didn't pass that idiot test. You are doing some fact finding.

You are VERY lucky your security systems saved you from a nasty fate. Delete the poison packets and move on. That is most likely a fiendish plan to enslave your computer into a bot net. Then your computer will be enlisted to do illegal acts. When your computer gets caught they ( the police, or your countries equivalent to FBI or Homeland security) break down your door, hand cuff you and remove all your computer equipment to study. Then you are released and you are told they will get in touch with you. Eventually you get back your computer(s) but if you have anything illegal on your computer you will be prosecuted for that. Bot nets prefer to enroll p2p clients because they usually have broadband.

You might think twice about going back to that well. Eventually, your security system will not catch the invader.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010