1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X3CP CHIP..FAILED HARD DRIVE...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by soze9, Oct 13, 2007.

1. soze9

soze9 Member

Hi I have an xbox with a x3cp chip..in the process of installing this..my hard drive was destroyed (long boring story). I now have a 500gig seagate hard drive I want to install. I have gone ahead and attached the hard drive to the xbox wiring but starting it up gets me a error code 7. Can anyone assist me or point me in the right direction..i've been searching for help in this matter thru a multitude of sites and have not found much information on this issue..is there a separate formatting process I must do to the drive before installing on the xbox to install the mod for the drive or can I just do this from my chip?

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Error 07 is a dead HDD! Ensure the cabling is correct, jumper is set to 'Cable Select' and then insert "Slayers" disc to format the drive!

3. soze9

soze9 Member

Everything seems right...the entire control panel is lit up except for the lcd panel...with the drive attached I get code 7 and with it detached as well as the dvd drive I get error code 9..the hard drive is right out of the box...

4. soze9

soze9 Member

I have all of the above and still have the same result..the drive does not read the disc and I still get the 07 code and little sprite behind it..any ideas? I have slayers on cdr because my dvd burn completely gave out on me.

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Slayer will need to be on CD-RW, most drives can't read CD-R...

6. soze9

soze9 Member

I actually put it on onto a blank dvd and it wont boot to it...still getting 07 and sprites after a long pause...any ideas?

7. Iconaw1

Iconaw1 Member

when you set up the Slayers disk did you add a dummy file, sometimes those help because it brings the information closer to the outside on the disk, oh ya and also some times it take a few time of rebooting to get the disk to boot.

8. soze9

soze9 Member

No I did not use a dummy file..I guess i'll try that and get back to you.

9. soze9

soze9 Member

I'm sorry but i've looked around on how to add the dummy file i'm using a macbook so its a little different than doing so on windows..any help would be appreciated.

10. Iconaw1

Iconaw1 Member

The AID 4.10 package will have everything you need to setup and make the disk, download and follow the manual. It will tell you how to add a dummy file to the disk using a program that builds the AID iso.

11. soze9

soze9 Member

I have three versions of auto installer. They have all worked flawlessly on other boxes in the past yet doesn't on this one..I also have slayers which is what I was under the impression that I needed. You went from saying slayers to aid..which of the two is the one I need. I have them both on blank dvds, but the xbox wont read either and goes directly for looking on the new hard drive instead of reading the disc.

12. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You guys seem to be missing the point here...

The chip isn't working!

Re-check all your solder work, especially the d0 point. Either disc will boot as long as the chip is operational!

Some chips also require you to turn them on by holding the power button (little one) for three seconds!

13. soze9

soze9 Member

The chip is working..I still get a partial read off the old drive and it boots up but when I try to access content its says corrupted because of failure which is why I am trying to change the hard drive now.

14. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

What makes you think the chip is working and not just the Xbox itself?

Have you got a modified dash running?

Is it booting backup games?

15. soze9

soze9 Member

Ok I am adding pictures of the two hard drives in operation....

the old one boots completely all the way thru my console controllers on the front light up and say xecuter3...and I can actually access only my c drive with the files.....

Here is a picture of the xbox with the old hard drive
    http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k52/budsnstuff/Photo305.jpg
    http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k52/budsnstuff/Photo304.jpg

Here it is with the new hard drive
    http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k52/budsnstuff/Photo306.jpg
    http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k52/budsnstuff/Photo307.jpg

Do I have to use xboxhd to prepare the new hard drive or can I connect it and do it straight by just using slayers? I'm lost here..The chip obviously works I just don't know if i'm missing a step..with the old hard drive I can boot slayers but not with the new one.

16. soze9

soze9 Member

anyone????