1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xapt3r Adapter v1.06 Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Demonix90, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Demonix90

Demonix90 Guest

Hello. I have a v1.06b Xbox, it was Manufactured in 2005, I have triple checked to ensure it is indeed v1.06b.

I recently purchased the Xecuter LCD Control Panel with CE3 modchip and solderless adapter. In the event my Xbox ever crashes, I would be able to take all the hardware out and place it into a new Xbox without undoing soldering. I do NOT want to solder my modchip.

It seems the golden wires A-E on the adapter(as labeled by a guide) DO NOT fit into the holes on the motherboard. I know it seems stupid you can't install a solderless adapter, but trust me, I would have broke the adapter if I applied anymore force to get it in. Feeling like a noob, I called my friend who regularly mods Xbox's, mostly 360's. However he has installed my adapter on other Xbox's, and said he has never encounter or heard of this problem.

I did some searching on google, only found an abandoned forum with a single post stating my exact problem. A reply mentioned a C varient motherboard, but I haven't had any luck finding anything.

I emailed the retailer I purchased the adapter from, still waiting on a reply. If anyone has any help, it is appreciated. I again do not want to solder, in the event I want to swap the hardware out effortlessly. If I am left with no choice, I will.

2. varnull

varnull Guest

The problem you are having is the position of the mounting screw hole changed very slightly on the late version 1.6b consoles. .. for what a working box costs I would just buy a 1.1 or 1.3 and softmod/sell the 1.6b (they have crappy philips or samsung 605f drives usually.. I don't keep them around)

A pinheader will cost pennies.. I remember them being 99c on llamma a few years back.. and the wire to the moved points.. again actually simple... preferable to that silly circuit board thang .. so it's a pinheader and a couple of bits of wire.. extend the ones on the little hdd/D0/lan connector and just snip then if you want to take it all out again... not exactly going to break the bank a few bits of thin wire XD

3. Demonix90

Demonix90 Guest

After doing some more reading, I have come to the conclusion Microsoft took a bunch of protocols to make modding the 1.6b hard and just a pain in the ass. Softmodding it and selling it is actually what I was thinking of doing, I can buy a used Xbox for 40$ almost anywhere. Thanks for the tip.