1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbit 1.5

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by JonHolben, Dec 8, 2004.

1. JonHolben

JonHolben Member

im freaking out. i bought the x bit v.1.5 mod chip and couldnt wait to start playing but i cant get bios installed or a dashboard can anyone tell me what they did if they have this mod chip? it would be a big help.
    jon holben

2. rfjr23

rfjr23 Member

Hey i got the same problem. I am working on a friend of mine xbox and the chip that got sent was the 1.5 as well

Have you figured anthing out with this. I am trying to get this thing done because it is a christmas presents for there kid.

Please fill me in if you or anyone nows about this

3. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

I'm also waiting for mine to arrive. Check their web-site or xbox-scene, you will find tutorials and how-to. I think the chip comes with a USB cable that you hook it up to your PC to flash BIOS of your choice. This is the easiest way, I think. You should flash the BIOS before install.

4. rfjr23

rfjr23 Member

I have flashed the chip using the M8 bios and the 4983.06 bios liike i have on my current xbit V1 and still dont work i keep getting an error 5 which means i need to lock the HD which i am presently working on.

Something you may try if during when you are trying to flash a bios and you keep getting any kind of errors is try a different pc for some reason this was an issue for me. So all i had to do was use a friends pc and it work.......There is no difference in OS we both use XP Pro Sp2 the only difference is his processor is faster and he has more memory

Hope this helps

Does anyone know of any easy to follow guide on FTP from the xbox to pc. or is there a place were i can get something to lock my HD

Thanks for the help

5. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

If you are booting from M8 or X2-4983.06 then you should not need to lock your HD. Only when you are booting from the original MS BIOS or original MS Dash you will be getting error 5. This bring to next question, have you installed evox dash yet? After isntalling xbit modchip, you need to boot from a CD to install evox ot some other dash replacement, or Linux (Xebian, GentooX...)

6. rfjr23

rfjr23 Member

Yes I used slayers 2.6. The HD work with my xbox just not in the one i am trying to get working. I have even tried to take out my hard drive and use it(Maxtor160gb with about 50 or so games already on it)

This makes me believe that maybe i need to use the 1.6 adapter but can not find a tutorial on howto install it everything i see is for the V1 xbit

The hard drive i am trying to use is a Maxtor 80gb

7. mbrenke

mbrenke Guest

rfjr23 could u possibly send me slayers 2.6 cuz i need it to reload evox onto my xbox or if you could tell me where to get it that would be cool too. if you can send it to me through email my email is mbrenke@hotmail.com. thanks a lot

8. mbrenke

mbrenke Guest

rfjr23 could u possibly send me slayers 2.6 cuz i need it to reload evox onto my xbox or if you could tell me where to get it that would be cool too. if you can send it to me through email my email is mbrenke@hotmail.com. thanks a lot