1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbit mod chip opinions

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Lmronby, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Lmronby

Lmronby Member

Looks like a good chip to me. While shopping around I saw a site selling it but it had the comment "not recommended for first time installers". Solderless and flashable via usb seems vers n00b friendly. Any thougts why this chip wont rock?

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

You have to have a certain skill level to install a modchip.

3. Lmronby

Lmronby Member

I can solder if need be. Its shorting really tiny solder points that make me nervous. Or are there other skills you are talking about?

4. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

umm dont get xbit.its not a very good chip.Get Xenium or a X2.6,X3 suck.And after u solder the chip u need a bios disk and an autoinstaller like SlaYerS 2.6 or Autoinstaller Deluxe 1.0.Having both makes u the best.hehe.Also make sure that u have the right bios version for the right xbox version

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  5. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Soldering is just the beginning of installing a modchip. Making sure you soldered everything correctly takes a lot of practice and confidence. After soldering, you need to know where to get tge BIOS and BIOS burnning software, and how to burn the BIOS to the modchip. Then, you need to find the dash installer, burn a CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R or what not... Along with all these, you will probably need to know how to network your xbox with your PC and running FTP, Telnet,.. to interact with your xbox from a PC...