1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbmc installation problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by yomunch, Oct 31, 2009.

1. yomunch

yomunch Member

To start I'm running a hard modded xbox with evox, i cant tell you much more because my brother had it done a while ago. I saw xbmc on a different site and thought it was really cool, so i ftped it over to my box. I started just going to it in the games section but thought i knew what i was doing. i went on windows explorer (how i ftp) and changed the evox.xbe (i think) name to evox(2).xbe and changed xbmc.xbe to evox.xbe. i restarted and it went to the green default xbox screen(before it was modded). What do i do?
    What i did:
    burned xbmc to disc hoping to boot from it->the disc is dirty or damaged
    i think i posted this in the right place
    thanks A LOT in advance

2. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

so you have a chip.... go downloand the slayer disc, boot that disc and repair your dashboard and or set xbmc as default. it is all in the slayer disc.

3. yomunch

yomunch Member

thanks for your reply, it took me a while but i found "slayers" install thing and downloaded it from a torrent i popped the iso on to a disc and booted it from my xbox. the result was it said the disc could not be read.
    when i burned it i used magic disc did i have to set the disc to the "bootable" setting.
    thanks again

4. yomunch

yomunch Member

I tried it again and it worked thx a lot!!!