1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBMC Networking Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Superbman, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Superbman

Superbman Member

I really hope someone can help me out with this as it's a really annoying problem. I woke up the other day, went to watch some tv shows on my network share via my xbox and, whereas the night before it was working fine, now it simply isn't. I haven't changed anything and I don't know what happened between me sleeping and then waking up. It's doubly confounded by the fact that my xbox detects all my shares and lets me browse the shares on my C:, but it won't let me browse those on my external hard drive where I store most of my shows. They show up under WORKGROUP, but when I click on external hard drive share, xbmc just pauses for a moment and then goes back to doing nothing. It's weird and I really don't know why. I've tried reinstalling/updating/wiping and installing xbmc. I've tried setting up the network again and everything. I can ftp into the xbox and I can watch the shares on my C: fine, but my external refuses to work. Even though it worked fine just 10 hours prior and for about 10 months straight now. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have an SMC router that the xbox is hardwired to, along with my PC. I have a static config on my xbox that gives it an IP. For some reason, the internet stopped working about a month ago on the xbox but I ignored the problem because I don't much use the internet aspect of XBMC anyway. I tried using different skins (PM 3, Vision) but all give the same result.

Could someone please help me? It would be very appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. Superbman

Superbman Member

here's a copy of the relevant log information from xbmc:
    "03:00:38 M: 23764992 ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://ANIRUDH/I'
    unix_err:'16' nt_err : 'c0000008' error : 'Invalid handle'
    03:00:38 M: 23781376 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(smb://ANIRUDH/I/) failed"

thanks!

3. tylercorc

tylercorc Member

I am having the exact same issue. If you get any feedback will you please let me know. I turned off my computer on a Friday night, came back on Monday, and now I can't access my shared files on the external hard drive through XBMC. Mine does the same as yours. It shows the files, and when I click on them it pauses for a second then nothing. Let me know what ya get and I will work around this issue as well.

4. Superbman

Superbman Member

I found the solution on the xbmc forums

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177078/en-us

It worked for me and hopefully will for you. I set the IRPStackSize to 32 because 14 did not work for me. Try it out and I hope it works :)

5. tylercorc

tylercorc Member

Thanks very much. It worked awesome. I was getting quite ticked off not having my stuff worked and I have been searching for a while for an answer. Thanks again

6. Superbman

Superbman Member

no problem
    it must have been some virus definition update or windows update that must have triggered this problem. Happy it worked though! :)