1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBMC Universal Remote setup

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by lowkey, Nov 7, 2007.

1. lowkey

lowkey Member

I have been trying to get a universal remote set up for use with XBMC. I have the code set...an RCA dvd code...and it works marginally. I have tried to display the codes on screen by using the Advanced Setting xml "display codes" edit but it doesn't display anything on the screen. I looked into the Keymap xml file and I think I understand the format but I am unsure how to proceed. Is there another setting I am missing somewhere?

2. lowkey

lowkey Member

How do I edit my own posts?
    I did get the advanced settings xml file to work and I can display the remote codes. Now...does anyone know if codes for other RCA devices...like tv's or cable boxes will work on a universal remote for XBMC? The reason being is that my crappy remote only uses a handful of the buttons for each function...as in when in dvd mode the numeric keys are disabled. I want to find a cable box type code that will allow me to map as many of the keys as possible to functions in XBMC. Fun project if anyone has suggestions fire away.

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

4. lowkey

lowkey Member

The wiki gives me the basic information needed to setup the remote. I think the major obstacle is the remote itself. Since only certain buttons are activated in dvd mode I can only remap a few of them. I'll have to save this project until I can find a better remote.