1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBMC Xbox HELP!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jj_clai, Mar 2, 2010.

1. jj_clai

jj_clai Member

I recently tried to update my XBMC to the newest T3CH version. In being a complete noob I read his instructions and did them word for word rather then think about it a bit. He said "If you're updating from a VERY old/bad build you may get issues. Follow these simple rules:
    o Replace (FTP OVERWRITE) all files in your XBMC folder with fresh ones from your new build (sometimes you need to delete old files)"

So I did.... I deleted the old files... Dumb obviously... Now when I boot my Xbox it loads the Xbox Screen then stops there. I can't find the Xbox using my FTP program (FlashFXP) to put my backup back on the Xbox. Please help me. Is there hope? I can start over or do what ever I have to do. But please tell me how to get the Xbox to do something besides sit at the opening Xbox screen. Thanks ahead of time!

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

classic xbmc main dash screwup.. the dickheads who write the thing NEVER use the same bloody xectuable name twice.. retards.. so it crashes.. just like yours does..

you will either have to try booting a softmod exploit game (I guess that's how you modded it in the first place) and starting over.. or hotswap.

bloody XBMC on softmods.. yet again.. the millionth unhappy customer..

3. jj_clai

jj_clai Member

Thank you.. I don't think that is gonna work for me. I tried to put Splinter Cell in ( the game I used in the original softmod ) and it doesn't recognize it or do anything. It boots to the green blob.. turns in to the Xbox symbol then stops there. I don't know how to get my PC to find it with FlashFXP and since it doesn't boot it wont find a game or USB. There must me something. I just am too new at this. I have the backed up info from before I screwed it up. I just have to find out how to access the hard drive without the Xbox wanting to cooperate... Any other ideas are more then welcome.. I really need help with this. I was doing decent before I messed this up. Had it networking pulling video, music, and pics from PC. Had games and emulators. I was just trying to figure out how to get streaming to work when I messed it all up. Please help! Thanks!

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

It should still boot an AID disc, you can then use the FTP section within AID to get in and replace your dash!

5. win_pplui

win_pplui Member

I had similar problem.
    It is quite easy to fix it.

When you softmoded you xbox, you created a eeprom backup.
    With that backup, you can use to regenerate a new HD using Xboxhdm

Take a look at "hotswap" in

Code:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/536595#3246424

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  6. Xhisor

Xhisor Member

I got the same prob but in my xbox it gets to some red text. And i was a dumb *bleep* to delete the evoxdash.xbe file. DAMN ME!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

That doesn't warrant foul language on the forums though.

8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

"So I did.... I deleted the old files... Dumb obviously"

Did you copy the new XBMC installation files over after you deleted your old install?