1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbmc

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Xeno360, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Xeno360

Xeno360 Member

Okay i wanna put this on my xbox, I found a source code for it on the site. wich i thought was the right thing i needed. Im not to sure now tho. I put the stuff on a dvd as an iso.... put it in the system, blah blah, but idk where to copy stuff to or anything, And i dont think the src is the right thing? Where can i get what i need. and what goes where? Im using UnleashX (Used linux NDURE installer Mod)

Anyhelp?

2. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

do u know if u box has a bigger HDD in it if it does can u list the drives made from the one drive even if u dont u still list the drives or drive for me and ill see what i can do

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Just get Slayer 2.7 auto installer. It has the XBMC on it and can install it for you. There is another one called Frank's XBMC autoinstaller that has just XBMC on it and will install it from a CD.
    Both are easy and quick ways.

4. Xeno360

Xeno360 Member

Can Slayer 2.7 auto installer be used by a disc? if i burn it and put it on my xbox?, even if i just copy the files on my xbox hd... cus i cant use ftp, wrote why in a diff post "ftp being stupid" And i tried everything with that, so i just been making isos on my dvd-rw and copying stuff onto my hd from that... like emulators etc. can i do that with Slayer 2.7 auto installer?

5. steimy

steimy Active member

both Slayer 2.7 and the Franks XBMC auto installer are meant to be put on disc and used that way. The one i got was an ISO and you just burn it to DVD, stick it in and press reset and the Xbox loads it right up. From there it can install about anything you want, format a hard drive, flash a chip, back up your EEPROM files and that sort of thing.

The Franks XBMC installer will just install XBMC

6. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

were can u get slayer 2.7

7. breala713

breala713 Member

well you can get slayer 2.7 from bittorrent sites u can try that and download the torrent using bittorrent downloader thats about it.

Ok and i have a problem my XBMC freezes alot and sometimes messes up using th mc360 skin from allxboxskins it has a 360 theme to it but i think it got a few bugs in it how do i fix this?

8. janrocks

janrocks Guest

There are so many many many releases of this complicated dash that it's impossible to say what is exactly wrong that causes it to freeze.
    I am yet to see a completely bug free one.. The best seems to be on the xwizard installer. re-skinning it isn't a great option as in every release things have been moved or changed slightly.
    Not suitable as a main dash because of the bugs I run it as an application, then a skin fault isn't a fatal error.

The best idea in your situation is get a few different release versions (not the latest.. It is faulty) and put them all in differently named folders in e:/apps, play about with skinning them and testing which ones seem stable and work well.. launch with unleash.. then when you are happy delete all the others, and make a backup of the one you are satisfied with.
    That's what I did and it worked for me.

9. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

so there r skins that have bugs and r avaiable for the public to download would they affect anything else besides media center or they can only affect media would they delete parts or media to becuase it downloaded a skin called xbox medi center it looks like windows media center and somthing has happened to some parts of media and i would like to put a new version of media on there but i dont know where i can download the latest of media or dvd2xbox if u could help me with that would be good

10. steimy

steimy Active member

go to ISOhunt or if you want faster speeds you can probably read this guide and get them on #Xbins through IRC
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox/1625-how-connect-xbins.html
    or

http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox/4324-guide-xbins.html

The easiest program i have used was the Frank's XBMC auto installer.
    you just delete the old version you have now with a file browser, then burn that to a disc, stick it in and it will do the rest.
    Or you can delete just the files in the folder you have now, download XBMC, then FTP it into that empty folder (this way your dashboard links will still work)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  11. breala713

breala713 Member

Ok i got the lastet XBMC on unleash x and all my emulators and roms are on the f:apps drive and i tryed to get to them through xbmc and when i go to programs to the f/drive it just restart it self on any emulator i click on and also when i try to restart xbmc and also does a full restart to how do i fix this?